C and networks
Author Message
 C and networks

Quote:

>I would like some help from people that have an expirience in making
>network programms in C. I know some things in C, and I would like to
>learn network programming.

You can't do network programming in C. What you can do is declare
structures related to networking and call networking functions. These
are defined by standards other than the C language standard which only
defines the standard library.

Quote:
>1) Do you know any books about this subject? I 'm from Greece and that
>kind of books don't come very often ;-) So I would like to know if
>there is a bookstore in the Web so to order a book.      [If there is
>a greek reader please tell me IF there is a greek book]

Forgive the joke, but many people around here would say that ``such books are
all greek'' meaning that they are hard to understand! :) It's just a colloquial
expression.

Many people would recommend various books by a fellow called W. Richard
Stevens. The readers of more appropriate newsgroups will have the precise