A portable way to remove globals on UNIX
Author Message
 A portable way to remove globals on UNIX

While writing a library I need to declare some globals for
inter-library references for a code that is written in different
files.  However, I do not want to expose those names for a library
caller.  Is there any portable way on UNIX to edit a table of globals
in an object file to remove some names?

yuri

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 04:12:32 GMT
 A portable way to remove globals on UNIX

Quote:

>While writing a library I need to declare some globals for
>inter-library references for a code that is written in different
>files.  However, I do not want to expose those names for a library
>caller.  Is there any portable way on UNIX to edit a table of globals
>in an object file to remove some names?

>yuri

Standard C merely posits the existence of libraries -- not how they
work; that is particular to a given platform.

question would be on-topic.

HTH,
--ag

--
Artie Gold, Austin, TX

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 06:00:15 GMT
 A portable way to remove globals on UNIX

Quote:

> While writing a library I need to declare some globals for
> inter-library references for a code that is written in different
> files.  However, I do not want to expose those names for a library
> caller.  Is there any portable way on UNIX to edit a table of globals
> in an object file to remove some names?

Yes, there is.  Ask on a Unix newsgroup.

--
 /"\                                                 m i k e   b u r r e l l

  X        AGAINST HTML MAIL,
 / \      AND NEWS TOO, dammit

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 05:54:24 GMT

1. Portable code versus unix specific build procedures

2. writing portable C (DOS to UNIX) -- suggestions?

3. portable UNIX programs

4. remove file using UNIX on C

5. remove in UNIX and ANSI C

6. Difference between two different ways of doing things

7. 3 ways to uppercase

8. complex numbers - most common ways?

9. Ways to fill in missing code

10. Different ways of implementing a 2d array

11. Help with ideas, best ways etc...

12. Good ways to obfuscate/mangle strings?