Trouble with BC Linking
Author Message
 Trouble with BC Linking

Call me stupid, but I'm having trouble linking with BC 3.1

I'm using external libraries, and they compile fine, but when I try and
make em, it says undefined symbol, because it is putting an underscore
(_) before each of the procedures.  Is there a linker option I am missing?

Dave

Wed, 22 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Trouble with BC Linking

Quote:
>Call me stupid, but I'm having trouble linking with BC 3.1

>I'm using external libraries, and they compile fine, but when I try and
>make em, it says undefined symbol, because it is putting an underscore
>(_) before each of the procedures.  Is there a linker option I am missing?

for some reason, lost in history, C compilers seem to always append an
underscore to one end of function names, so the underscore is unlikely to be
the problem.

Are you actually linking with your libraries?  Just #including the appropriate
header file _does_ _not_ make the linker search the library.  You must
explicitly tell the linker to search any other than the standard libraries.  If
you are working from the IDE, and using a project file, just list the libraries
in the project file.

Peter Bennett VE7CEI                | Vessels shall be deemed to be in sight

TRIUMF, Vancouver, B.C., Canada     |                          ColRegs 3(k)

Wed, 22 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. BC v3.1 link problem

2. Help: linking errors with BC 4.5 under Windows 95

3. Memory error, linking bc ++

4. BC 3.1 linking with "C" extern

5. **** Trouble linking *****

6. Trouble getting linked list to fwrite to file....

7. really having trouble with linked lists

8. Trouble finding maximum value in Linked List

9. Newbie - endless trouble with a linked list

10. trouble with the double-linked list?

11. Trouble linking with static members

12. linking troubles