PLEASE RESPOND: Program Help (fwd) 
Author Message
 PLEASE RESPOND: Program Help (fwd)

This is my own personal project.  It will help me with an assignment but
the assignment is more difficult.  I thought this sample program would
help me figure outthe more complicated one.

I am writing a program in C that uses scanf to get two double float values
and passes the two numbers to an assmebly program which in turns adds them
and returns the value to the C program.  Anyone know how to call a program
wrritten in assembly from a C program?



Sat, 03 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 PLEASE RESPOND: Program Help (fwd)



.

Quote:

> This is my own personal project.  It will help me with an
assignment but
> the assignment is more difficult.  I thought this sample
program would
> help me figure outthe more complicated one.

> I am writing a program in C that uses scanf to get two double
float values
> and passes the two numbers to an assmebly program which in
turns adds them
> and returns the value to the C program.  Anyone know how to
call a program
> wrritten in assembly from a C program?

The C standard does not define any way to combine C code with
code from _any_ other language.  Most implementations on most
platforms allow code from different languages to be linked
together, but it is _very_ implementation dependent.  It not
only depends on the computer and operating system, but probably
on the specific compiler and assembler used as well.

Look for a section on mixed language programming in your
compiler documentation or online help, and/or post this question
to a programming newsgroup for your operating system, and be
_sure_ to mention the brand and version numbers of your compiler
and assembler.

Jack



Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 PLEASE RESPOND: Program Help (fwd)


Quote:

>I am writing a program in C that uses scanf to get two double float values
>and passes the two numbers to an assmebly program which in turns adds them
>and returns the value to the C program.  Anyone know how to call a program
>wrritten in assembly from a C program?

Your compiler manual should be able to tell you that, if it is any
good. It is not in the C language standard.

Ulric
--
"You say to-mah-to, I say to-mah-to, and he says to-mah-to,
 but ISO disagrees with all three of us and says to-mah-to."



Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 PLEASE RESPOND: Program Help (fwd)

Quote:

> The C standard does not define any way to combine C code with
> code from _any_ other language.

However the Ada 95 standard defines how to combine Ada code with
code from several other standardized (at the time) languages (C
included).

Passing through Ada won't help the fellow get to assembly language
however, because that has not quite been standardized between vendors :-).

Larry Kilgallen



Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. PLEASE READ: Help in writing a program (fwd)

2. PLEASE READ: Help in writing a program (fwd)

3. desperatelly need help, please respond

4. desperatelly need help, please respond

5. Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!

6. [Fwd: Source Code To Windows 98 (programmer humor) (fwd)]

7. Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!

8. mmap: explanation, please (fwd)

9. test message please don't respond

10. Someone Please Help Me - I Help You in Any Software Queries/Programming/Coding

11. Need help on this programming problem ( PLEASE HELP!!!)

12. SURVEY ON MESSAGE-ORIENTED MIDDLEWARE (please respond, 2nd post)

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software