Looking for a cross platform RANDOM number generator
Author Message
 Looking for a cross platform RANDOM number generator

Hi,

Can anyone help me to find a cross platform random number generator?

thanx

Duncan Chen

Wed, 15 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for a cross platform RANDOM number generator

Quote:

>Hi,

>Can anyone help me to find a cross platform random number generator?

rand()/srand() come with every ANSI C standard library. If they don't do
what you want you need to specify your requirements a little better.

The FAQ discusses RNGs - you can FTP it frpm rtfm.mit.edu under
/pub/usenet/comp.lang.c

Wed, 15 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. looking for random number generator w/ normal distribution

2. looking for a 32-bit uniform random number generator

3. Gaussian Random Number Generator (looking For)

4. random number generator random() questionable!!!?

5. a real random number generator?

6. Random number generator

7. Random number generator

8. Random number generator in gcc