MSVC 4.2 Problems (MFC/non MFC)
Author Message
 MSVC 4.2 Problems (MFC/non MFC)

Hello!

We are using a complex MSVC 4.2 application with MFC.
After including different (non-MFC) DLL modules, some pointers are sometimes
not longer valid and Win95 crashes, NT too.
Does anyone know about similar problems ?

Thanks for reply in advance.

M. Borgstaedt

Fri, 07 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 MSVC 4.2 Problems (MFC/non MFC)

Quote:

> Hello!
> We are using a complex MSVC 4.2 application with MFC.
> After including different (non-MFC) DLL modules, some pointers are sometimes
> not longer valid and Win95 crashes, NT too.
> Does anyone know about similar problems ?

Several points:
1). MFC stands for Microsoft Foundation *Classes*.  Classes are a
concept in C++ and are quite irrelevant to C.
2). A large number of posters to comp.lang.c use Unix, Linux, SunOS,
Windows NT, MacOS, Solaris, Aix, VMS, VME, and many other operating
systems when are totally unrelated to Windows 95.  As such they really
aren't interested in topics directly relating to Windows 95 or any other
specific operating system.  It is quite rude to enter a conversation and
begin to discuss a subject of little or no interest to the majority of
participants.
3). Most Operating Systems have forums dedicated to the discussion of
that particular OS.  windows is no exception, in fact there are several
forums dedicated to the MFC and MSVC++.  I would suggest that you might
get a *much* better answer from the experts in one of those forums than
you could ever get here.
4). Before posting a question it is polite to determine what the range
of acceptble topics is before posting a question to any newsgroup.  Mr
Chambliss is most kind to post information regarding what is and is not
topical on comp.lang.c, please read his post prior to asking questions
or bringing up topics here.

Any way, try one of the following forums for your question:
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc             General MS/Windows Programming
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.mfc
 microsoft.public.vc.mfc
 microsoft.public.vc.language

You have not converted a man because you have silenced him.
                                        Lord John Morley

You can't use void main() I have a patent on it!

Fri, 07 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MFC 4.2 and MFC 5.0 questions

2. Non MFC modal dialogs in an MFC application - Dialog Message problem

3. Problem: MFC USRDLL w/ non MFC DLL

4. MFC 4.0 -> 4.2 AddNew/Update/MoveFirst problem

5. Problems debugging MFC under VC 4.2 with separate VC 5.0 installation present

6. Problems relating the Win32 Development with VC++ 4.2 and MFC

7. MFC problem for VC++ 4.2

8. Toolbars MFC 4.2 dock problems?

9. stl vector problems with mfc Vc++ 4.2

10. problem with alignment of struct member datas (MSVC 4.2)

11. new problem with msvc 4.2 and odbc recordset

12. MSVC 4.2 watch problem