C compiler for Pc
Author Message
 C compiler for Pc

Can anyone recommend a C compiler for my 486?  Just getting
started.

t.

Sun, 18 May 1997 19:20:44 GMT
 C compiler for Pc
: Can anyone recommend a C compiler for my 486?  Just getting
: started.

    Get and istall Linux from the net, and then use GCC.

Bogdan

| Bogdan Urma                          |  --** Cornell University **--  |

Mon, 19 May 1997 02:15:24 GMT
 C compiler for Pc

Quote:
>Can anyone recommend a C compiler for my 486?  Just getting
>started.

>t.

Try DJGPP, which is a 32-bit freeware C++ compiler. You'll have to archie
search for it, as I've lost the ftp site. Alternatively there's the good
old fashioned 16-bit stuff that will work on any PC, such as PCC (shareware),
available from Testware (and possibly some FTP site somewhere).

Oh, and can we have this question put in the FAQ, if it isn't already, it
really is getting tiring hearing it every other week.
--

   Flames should be redirected to /dev/null - I don't know what
   I'm saying myself so don't expect it to make sense all the time!         */

Mon, 19 May 1997 02:56:08 GMT
 C compiler for Pc
: Can anyone recommend a C compiler for my 486?  Just getting
: started.

: t.

Borland C++ gets my vote.

Brian Tegart, C.E.T.

Mon, 19 May 1997 07:54:05 GMT
 C compiler for Pc

Quote:

>Can anyone recommend a C compiler for my 486?  Just getting
>started.

>t.

Concur with recommendation for Borland C++.  New to C myself and am using
"Teach Yourself C in 21 Days" by Peter Aitken as found in recent thread.  How
are you learning?

Thu, 22 May 1997 11:10:43 GMT
 C compiler for Pc
: Can anyone recommend a C compiler for my 486?  Just getting
: started.

You can get a C compiler and a reasonably good book for about
$20 from Mix software -- that should be more than enough for
a beginner.  If you're Ceriou, get BC or TC from Borland.

Thu, 22 May 1997 17:19:33 GMT

2. (COMPILER) cheap compiler for the IBM PC?

3. Compiler error CS 1595 - Help

4. Compiler for Pocket PC v. 3.0

5. 68000 C Compiler for PC

6. Anyone ever configure SRGP for a PC compiler

7. PC compilers and CMOV ?

8. GNU C compiler for PC

9. GNU GCC compiler for PC

10. C Compiler for PC recommendation please!

11. C compiler for PC

12. Need a compiler for 68302 and assembler that runs on a PC