Help with Sending E-mail with SMTP server
Author Message
 Help with Sending E-mail with SMTP server

Hello:

I need help writing a C or C++ program to access a SMTP server.  The
program will be run on a Windows console.  Are there any system calls that
I need to know?

All I basically what to know is how to access a SMTP server?
If there are many book can you let me know.
                                                        Thanks,
                                                        Stan
Please E-mail

Fri, 17 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with Sending E-mail with SMTP server

: Hello:
:
: I need help writing a C or C++ program to access a SMTP server.  The
: program will be run on a Windows console.  Are there any system calls that
: I need to know?
:
: All I basically what to know is how to access a SMTP server?
: If there are many book can you let me know.
:                                                       Thanks,
:                                                       Stan
: Please E-mail

Well this is not a very exact description of what ya wanna do. First of all
it depends on the purpose of the program. Secondly is it Win95 or WinNT.
If you wanna know more about ("how to talk") SMTP I'd recommend that you
read the RFC's about that topic.
IF you wanna do something like writing a mail client - (which is senseless
anyway) you'd better have look at the MS-Visual C++ 5.0 CD where there is
some sample code how to use the new Internet APIs.

Byes
Chris
- Christian Theis                             |
- Department of Technical Physics             | Of all the things I've lost
- Technical University GRAZ/AUSTRIA           | I miss my mind most!

- www   : www.sbox.tu-graz.ac.at/home/ctheis  |

Mon, 03 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to send email using smtp server.(Problem)

2. How to send email without smtp server.

3. SMTP Sample code (was: Code for sending an e-mail message to a pop3 server)

4. SMTP Sample code (was: Code for sending an e-mail message to a pop3 server)

5. Send and receive e-mails using SMTP Server

6. smtp-mail and no check if them mail was realy send

7. Send SMTP Email _WITHOUT IIS_?

8. how to send an Email via SMTP (with attached file)

9. How to send and get email via SMTP ?

10. Error sending SMTP mail

11. Samples send mail by SMTP in MFC.

12. Send mail with attachment throough SMTP