fstream.h error!
Author Message
 fstream.h error!

When I use the fstream function ifstream I get the error:

error C2872: 'ifstream' : ambiguous symbol

and I have defined before:
 #include <fstream.h>
 using namespace std:

Someone knows where is the mistake?

Thanks,

Tue, 10 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 fstream.h error!

:
: When I use the fstream function ifstream I get the error:
:
: error C2872: 'ifstream' : ambiguous symbol
:
: and I have defined before:
:  #include <fstream.h>
:  using namespace std:
:
: Someone knows where is the mistake?
:
: Thanks,

I was sure fstream wasn't in the standard C library so I looked it up
in KR2 and no it wasn't there, so I thought hmm maybe it's
system dependant stuff so I switched over to my compiler and
looked it up in the help manuals, it was there, I was relieved
but then to my dismay there were all these strange and wierd '::'
symbols about and where I used to have a Compatability button
it said 'hiarachy' or whatever that means and 'members'
and then it hit me, this isn't actually C is it....
it another language, I wonder why you posted here and not

I think they could help you more.

Ed

Tue, 10 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 fstream.h error!

Quote:
>When I use the fstream function ifstream I get the error:

>error C2872: 'ifstream' : ambiguous symbol

>and I have defined before:
> #include <fstream.h>
> using namespace std:

>Someone knows where is the mistake?

You're using the wrong programming language. If you really do want to
use C++ try asking in comp.lang.c++.

Tue, 10 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. bug in fstream? (works with fstream.h)

2. fstream ./. fstream.h

3. error opening fstream on second file

4. pb with replacing <fstream.h> by <fstream>

5. <fstream.h> and <fstream> chaos

6. <fstream.h> or <fstream>

7. #include <fstream> or <fstream.h>?

8. <fstream> vs <fstream.h>

9. Wrapping Unmanaged Class with std::fstream object fails

10. Fstream Problems using VC++ 4

11. fstream, FILE* and errno

12. STL::fstream or ATL::CAtlFile?