Help Help Help
Author Message
 Help Help Help

I have a program to write by tommorrow and it is for a the square root of a
number (N) to be appromoximated by repeated calculations using the formula
NG = 0.5(LG+N/LG)   where NG stands for next guess and LG stands for last
guess. The initial guess will be the starting value for LG. The program will
compute the value for NG using the formula given.

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help Help Help

Quote:

> I have a program to write by tommorrow and it is for a the square root of a
> number (N) to be appromoximated by repeated calculations using the formula
> NG = 0.5(LG+N/LG)   where NG stands for next guess and LG stands for last
> guess. The initial guess will be the starting value for LG. The program will
> compute the value for NG using the formula given.

John...

Good stuff! Sounds like fun! Take your best shot at writing some code - and if
it doesn't work the way you want (and you can't puzzle it out on your own) post
it here and watch the responses appear!

Morris Dovey
West Des Moines, Iowa USA

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help Help Help

Quote:

> I have a program to write by tommorrow and it is for a the square root of a
> number (N) to be appromoximated by repeated calculations using the formula
> NG = 0.5(LG+N/LG)   where NG stands for next guess and LG stands for last
> guess. The initial guess will be the starting value for LG. The program will
> compute the value for NG using the formula given.

Good luck.  Since this program should take about 5 minutes to write, you will
have time to watch the Knicks game.

--

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!

2. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

4. OSP (Operating System Project) HELP HELP HELP HELP (files module)

5. HELP help HELP help

6. HELP HELP HELP ME PLEASE!!

7. HELP HELP HELP!!!

8. HELP HELP HELP!!!

9. help help help

10. HELP , HELP , HELP - I need a compiler

11. HELP HELP HELP !!!!

12. Help Help Help