Request for FAQ
Author Message
 Request for FAQ

could someone please post a current copy of the comp.lang.c FAQ ,

Ta,

m.

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Request for FAQ

Quote:

> could someone please post a current copy of the comp.lang.c FAQ ,

> Ta,

> m.

It's in ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.lang.c

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Request for FAQ

Quote:

There's an on-line version at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

--
Craig

Manchester, NH
Human Salvation lies in the hands of the
creatively maladjusted. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Request for FAQ

Quote:
> could someone please post a current copy of the comp.lang.c FAQ ,

Wait until the beginning of next month. ;)

Alternatively, you can ftp it from

        rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/comp.lang.c/

or view it on the web at

(initiator of the campaign for grumpiness where grumpiness is due in c.l.c)

Attempting to write in a hybrid which can be compiled by either a C compiler
or a C++ compiler produces a compromise language which combines the drawbacks
of both with the advantages of neither.

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Request for FAQ

Quote:

> could someone please post a current copy of the comp.lang.c FAQ ,

You can get the FAQ at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html or
at ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.lang.c/C-FAQ-list and it gets
posted to this newsgroup and to news.answers regularly (at the
beginning of each month).

Stephan

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Request for FAQ

Quote:

> could someone please post a current copy of the comp.lang.c FAQ ,

No need; it posts itself pretty regularly, all by itself.

I tried to mail you the below information, but you're apparently
paranoid about something, and haven't provided a working email
address.  Tsk.  But I guess it doesn't hurt to post this once in
a while...

                        *       *       *

The comp.lang.c frequently-asked questions (FAQ) list is posted
on the first of each month to the Usenet newsgroups comp.lang.c,
comp.lang.c.moderated, comp.answers, and news.answers (the latter
two are net-wide FAQ list repositories).  An abridged version is
posted both on the first and the fif{*filter*}th of each month.  In
most cases, you should be able to retrieve the lists directly
from one of these newsgroups.  If you believe that your site is
not receiving these articles, or that perhaps they have expired
too soon (i.e. before you could read them), you should consult
with your site's news administrator, or write back to me and
perhaps we can discover the problem.  If your site receives the
unabridged list but not the full list, definitely write back to
me; this indicates the presence of a news site which rejects
large postings.

Both versions of the FAQ list are archived at, and available for
anonymous ftp from, at least the following sites:

        site                    directories

        ftp.eskimo.com          u/s/scs/C-faq

        rtfm.mit.edu            pub/usenet/comp.lang.c
                                pub/usenet/news.answers/C-faq

        ftp.uu.net              usenet/news.answers/C-faq

(URL's for the above references are

        ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/s/scs/C-faq/faq.Z
        ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/s/scs/C-faq/abridged.Z
        ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.lang.c/C-FAQ-list
        ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.lang.c/C-FAQ-list.abridged
        ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/C-faq/faq
        ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/C-faq/abridged
        ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.answers/C-faq/faq.Z
        ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.answers/C-faq/abridged.Z
.)

There are a number of other archive sites scattered around the
world; if you know how to use an "archie" archive server it will
list these sites for you if you query it with the command
"find C-faq".

If you are not able to use ftp (the Internet file transfer
protocol), there are ftp-to-mail servers running at several
sites, and an FAQ list mailserver running at rtfm.mit.edu.

information on one example of the former.

There are no mailservers or mailing lists devoted solely to the
comp.lang.c FAQ list, or, to my knowledge, to comp.lang.c itself.

A hypertext version of the comp.lang.c FAQ list is also available
through the world-wide web (WWW); the URL is

        http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~scs/C-faq/top.html

For those who might prefer a bound, hardcopy version (and
even longer answers to even more questions!), I've written
a book-length version: C Programming FAQs: Frequently Asked
Questions, Addison-Wesley, 1996, ISBN 0-201-84519-9.
(U.S. readers can call 800-822-6339 to order.)

Marshall Cline's C++ FAQ list is available on the web at
< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mpcline/c++-faq-lite/>, and as an
Addison-Wesley book (ISBN 0-201-58958-3).

Finally, I am glad to send out copies of the C FAQ list by e-mail,
but note that the full list is very large -- over 200kb at the moment.

                                        Steve Summit

Wed, 30 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Requests for C FAQ

2. Newbie FAQ request

3. REQUEST for C FAQ

4. ANNOUNCEMENT: New DOS/Windows C++ Compiler FAQ - Responses Requested

5. FAQ Request...

6. FAQ - Request

7. FAQ request.

8. FAQ Request

9. FAQ FAQ FAQ?????????????

10. HELP: Intercepting HTTP Request, Showing Login Page, and Continuing with Original Request

11. To FAQ or not to FAQ ...

12. Is there a VC++ FAQ (not C++ FAQ)?