Tracking memory leaks and debugging memory problems
Author Message
 Tracking memory leaks and debugging memory problems

Hi,

We are running into a problem where the application runs out of virtual memory
after a while and exits. This is a X/MOTIF based application. The problem is
seen when forms are opened, closed and re-opened. It is a multi-language
application (C and Pascal). The environment is VMS 5.5-* and Motif 1.1.

Any suggestions, clues etc. ? Something like "libdbmalloc" will be useful ?
Where to get this libdbmalloc from ?

Are there any tools available on VMS which can be used to track down this type
of problem ? Is there something called a heap analyzer which is available
outside DEC (I know there was one available internally) ?

I will really appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks,

Hughes Network Systems

Sat, 15 Mar 1997 23:16:16 GMT

1. Tracking down memory leak?

2. Tracking Memory Leaks (summary + code)

3. Tracking memory leaks..

4. ?How to track memory leak?

5. How to track memory leaks?

6. Memory leak tracking

7. Memory leak tracking

8. Help needed tracking down memory leaks in C/C++

9. Tracking memory leaks

10. Tracking memory leaks?

11. Class object, returning pointers, dynamic memory, memory leaks

12. Finding memory leaks in shared memory pool