Dynamic huffman source code ?????
Author Message
 Dynamic huffman source code ?????

Quote:

> I need some guide in writing program on dynamic huffman code. Could
> somebody pls help . Can you pls tell me where can I get a copy of this
> source code for reference.  Cheers

My book, "The Data Compression Book, 2nd ed." has source code and a
detailed explanation of dynamic Huffman coding.  You can find out more
about the book on my home page:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

The source code included in the book is fairly portable, you ought to be
able to adapt it to your purposes without too much trouble.

The book should be available in well stocked technical bookstores, if
not you can follow a directed pointer to amazon.com from my web page. My
page also has pointers to other resources, where you might find
additional information you need.

-----------------------------
Mark Nelson
Addisoft Consulting - Solutions to your C/C++ Programming Needs

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 14 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic huffman source code ?????

I need some guide in writing program on dynamic huffman code. Could
somebody pls help . Can you pls tell me where can I get a copy of this
source code for reference.  Cheers

Wed, 15 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic huffman source code ?????

Quote:
>I need some guide in writing program on dynamic huffman code. Could
>somebody pls help . Can you pls tell me where can I get a copy of this
>source code for reference.  Cheers

THIS IS A TEST

Letter      count
  T          - 3
  H          - 1
  I          - 2
  S          - 3
  [] <blank> - 3
  A          - 1
  E          - 1

T(3)  S(3) [](3)  I(2)  H(1) A(1) E(1)

T(3)  S(3) [](3)  I(2)  H(1)  (2)
                              / \
                            A(1) E(1)

T(3)  S(3) []3  I(2)  (3)
                      / \
                    H(1) (2)
                         / \
                      A(1) E(1)

T(3)  S(3)  (5)     (3)
            / \     / \
          []3 I(2) H(1) (2)
                        / \
                      A(1) E(1)

   (6)        (5)          (3)
   / \        / \          / \
T(3)  S(3)  []3  I(2)   H(1)  (2)
                              / \
                           A(1) E(1)

   (6)         (8)
   / \        /   \
T(3)  S(3)  (5)    (3)
            / \    / \
          []3 I2  H1 (2)
                     / \
                  A(1) E(1)

         (14)
       /     \
      /       \
   (6)         (8)
   / \        /   \
T(3)  S(3)  (5)    (3)
            / \    / \
          []3 I2  H1 (2)
                     / \
                  A(1) E(1)

Letter         code
  T             00
  H             110
  I             101
  S             01
  [] <blank>    100
  A             1110
  E             1111

MSG           Total
T  00           2
H  110          5
I  101          8
S  01          10
   100         13
I  101         16
S  01          18
   100         21
A  1110        25
   100         28
T  00          30
E  1111        34
S  01          36
T  00          38 Bits  instead of 3 * 14 = 42

--
All opions expressed are mine.

Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. dynamic huffman coding (source code) ????

2. Huffman Coding Source Code in C

3. Huffman coding/huffman tree

4. huffman tree source code

5. how to convert source code pascal to source code c

6. Java source code to CSharp source code converter

7. Huffman Coding

8. Huffman Coding

9. Need Help! Huffman Code

10. huffman tree/coding