Wanted: C Library Sources for MSDOS (BC4)
Author Message
 Wanted: C Library Sources for MSDOS (BC4)

Wanted: Standard C Library sources for MSDOS.

I'm using BC++ 4.0 and need a standard C library (in source form) for
DOS. The supplied libraries are for Windows only (even though the package
is advertised as being suitable for DOS and Windows).

How are all the other BC++ 4.0 users dealing with this problem ?

Does BC++ 4.02 offer relief ?

Chris Chlap
University of Canberra, Australia.

Fri, 21 Feb 1997 21:35:42 GMT
 Wanted: C Library Sources for MSDOS (BC4)

Quote:

> Wanted: Standard C Library sources for MSDOS.
> I'm using BC++ 4.0 and need a standard C library (in source form) for
> DOS. The supplied libraries are for Windows only (even though the package
> is advertised as being suitable for DOS and Windows).
> How are all the other BC++ 4.0 users dealing with this problem ?
> Does BC++ 4.02 offer relief ?

You're doing something wrong.  BC++ 4.0 libraries work fine in DOS.  The
same is true of BC++ 4.02.  In both cases, if you get the CD-ROM version
you get source for most of the library; if you get the diskette version
source is extra.

Of course, there are functions which are only usable in Windows or only
usable in DOS.  The documentation is pretty good at identifying them.

--
Mike Rubenstein

Sat, 22 Feb 1997 00:08:39 GMT
 Wanted: C Library Sources for MSDOS (BC4)

Quote:

>> Wanted: Standard C Library sources for MSDOS.
>> I'm using BC++ 4.0 and need a standard C library (in source form) for
>> DOS. The supplied libraries are for Windows only (even though the package
>> is advertised as being suitable for DOS and Windows).
>> How are all the other BC++ 4.0 users dealing with this problem ?
>> Does BC++ 4.02 offer relief ?
>You're doing something wrong.  BC++ 4.0 libraries work fine in DOS.  The

This is true for BCC but false for BCC32. I should have pointed out that
I'm using BCC32 and call DOS and BIOS through a DOS extender. I also
have my own startup module and a small set of C library functions. What
I am after are C library sources which I can modify and compile with the
32-bit compiler.
Quote:
>same is true of BC++ 4.02.  In both cases, if you get the CD-ROM version
>you get source for most of the library; if you get the diskette version
>source is extra.

Thanks for this info. I'll check the CD ROM version.
Quote:
>Of course, there are functions which are only usable in Windows or only
>usable in DOS.  The documentation is pretty good at identifying them.
>--
>Mike Rubenstein

Sat, 22 Feb 1997 07:57:17 GMT
 Wanted: C Library Sources for MSDOS (BC4)

Quote:

>> Wanted: Standard C Library sources for MSDOS.

>> I'm using BC++ 4.0 and need a standard C library (in source form) for
>> DOS. The supplied libraries are for Windows only (even though the package
>> is advertised as being suitable for DOS and Windows).

>> How are all the other BC++ 4.0 users dealing with this problem ?

>> Does BC++ 4.02 offer relief ?

>You're doing something wrong.  BC++ 4.0 libraries work fine in DOS.  The
>same is true of BC++ 4.02.  In both cases, if you get the CD-ROM version
>you get source for most of the library; if you get the diskette version
>source is extra.

>Of course, there are functions which are only usable in Windows or only
>usable in DOS.  The documentation is pretty good at identifying them.

It seems to me that there were two versions of 4.0.  I got the developer's
edition, which comes with all the libs, .dlls, source and all.  I heard,
however, of a cheaper version for casual programmers that only
included the windows functionality.  Maybe that's what Chris has.  If that
is the case, the only solution is to upgrade to a better version of the
compiler.  (I may also be confusing Visual C++ with Borland 4.0).

Dave

Mon, 24 Feb 1997 01:53:32 GMT
 Wanted: C Library Sources for MSDOS (BC4)

: >> Wanted: Standard C Library sources for MSDOS.
: >
: >> I'm using BC++ 4.0 and need a standard C library (in source form) for
: >> DOS. The supplied libraries are for Windows only ...

Why would the standard C library functions be Windows specific?
(Other libraries maybe.)
--

--------------------------------
Just a SPOKE, not a SPOKESPERSON

Mon, 03 Mar 1997 07:29:13 GMT

1. WANTED: XDR Libraries for MSDOS

2. Wanted: Turbo C/C++ comm port routine sources or libraries

3. Wanted: LINT for MSDOS

4. Compile CS source code using ICodeCompiler

5. cs source code

7. Need source code for MSDOS shell

8. Sources of MSDOS or other systems

9. Asking for C source to format MSDOS diskettes

10. Asking for C source to format a MSDOS diskette

11. GUI Libraries for MsDos

12. Graphics Library for MSDOS