how matters the size of the model installed...
Author Message
 how matters the size of the model installed...

Quote:
>  i installed my turbo C again but can't remember what is teh importance of the
>  size of the model choosed...

>  regards, Franklin Castillo

TINY, 64k for data and code (good for .COM's)
SMALL, 64k for data and 64k for data (good for tiny .EXE's)
MEDIUM, 1MB for code and 64k for data (good for small programs that use
 lots of data)
COMPACT, 64k data 1MB code (for large programs with little data)
LARGE, for serious applications, 1MB code + 1MB data
HUGE, 1MB code and data > 64K (don't really know the use for this, you LARGE instead)

Hope I helped!

--
---------------------------------------
Greetings by Joris Weimar

(Please reply to my e-mail address)

Web-page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~antiwin

(See my Web-page if want to save DOS from it's doom)
---------------------------------------

Mon, 15 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 how matters the size of the model installed...

Quote:

> i installed my turbo C again but can't remember what is teh importance of the
> size of the model choosed...

Sounds highly compiler/platform specific. I suggest you try a newsgroup
such as comp.os.msdos.programmmer.

Mon, 15 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 how matters the size of the model installed...

 i installed my turbo C again but can't remember what is teh importance of the
 size of the model choosed...

 regards, Franklin Castillo

Mon, 15 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 how matters the size of the model installed...

 i installed my turbo C again but can't remember what is teh importance of the
 size of the model choosed...

 regards, Franklin Castillo

Mon, 15 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 how matters the size of the model installed...

On Thu, 29 Aug 96 16:13:41 GMT, Lawrence Kirby

writes:

=>>
=>> i installed my turbo C again but can't remember what is teh
importance of the
=>> size of the model choosed...

=>Sounds highly compiler/platform specific. I suggest you try a
newsgroup
=>such as comp.os.msdos.programmmer.

Actually, if you choose large model you're more likely to write C
rather than MS C. You can avoid stuff like __farmalloc, _fmemset,
_fstrlen, and other Intel-specific stuff. Then you can post your
questions here without TOO much fear of flames (unless you wnt to know
about Windows).

Wizard's First Rule:
    People are stupid.
            - Terry Goodkind

Tue, 16 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 how matters the size of the model installed...

|> > i installed my turbo C again but can't remember what is teh importance of
|> > size of the model choosed...

|> Sounds highly compiler/platform specific. I suggest you try a newsgroup
|> such as comp.os.msdos.programmmer.

I do have one suggestion that is platform-independent, though, and helps
with a wide range of problems.

The original poster should read the manual that comes with the compiler.

Books can be your friend, if you let them.
--
* "And I don't like doing silly things (except on purpose)."

Tue, 16 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Does the size of it matter?

2. size matters; and I want mine smaller

3. Size does matter!

4. Memory models, runtime sizes?

5. what threading model is default when no Threading model key

6. Managed Extensions matter

7. PrintDialog always print just one copy no matter how many I select in the dialog

8. Install project, set registry value with install directory?

9. libtool install problem (okay before install, seg faults after)

10. A matter of preference: for( ... ){

11. Does it really matter???

12. Multi file program - matter of style?