Getting started ...
Author Message
 Getting started ...

Dear All

I am sorry for being asking a so basic question, but I am very novice at
these computer things.

How to compile and run a C++ program on UNIX?

Thank you a lot in advance!

Paul.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting started ...

Quote:

> I am sorry for being asking a so basic question, but I am very novice at
> these computer things.
> How to compile and run a C++ program on UNIX?

first off, let me say this question would be better asked on a newsgroup
specific to your platform/compiler.  or maybe even comp.unix.programmer?
also, c++ is not c, so even comp.lang.c++ would be better than comp.lang.c
(though i think the comp.lang.c++ people would be just as upset)

anyway, it depends how the source code is organised.  if you have a
'Makefile', then all you would have to do is type in 'make' and cross your
fingers.

if it's just one source file you need to compile into a binary, try:
        c++ -o foo foo.cc
assuming your c++ compiler is called 'c++', and the file you're compiling is
'foo.cc'

--
              /"\                              m i k e    b u r r e l l

               X        AGAINST HTML MAIL      http://mikpos.dyndns.org
              / \

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Book for Getting Started in VS.Net?

2. Getting Started

3. Getting Started

4. newbie question - gcc under linux, getting started

5. Getting started in windows programming

6. Getting started to write a email client

7. Please forgive my greenery, just getting started

8. getting started on multitasking...

9. Getting started with sockets

10. Getting started with sockets

11. getting started

12. RPC - I need help getting started with RPC