help...writing "special" format program...
Author Message
 help...writing "special" format program...

hi Every1,
i hope that maybe here i'll find the answer...
well, i'm trying to develop a "special" format program ,
something like SMAX or FDFORMAT (FDMAX) for DOS , (remember ? great
programs !!)

so i did the "basic" format , and it went great (even write the
BOOT,FAT,Root perfectly !!) but , when i tells the computer to format
1.44 disk with 19 sectors, or with 81 tracks - the format returns "no
errors" but each read/write returns an error (error 4 : Sectors Not
Found) .

i'm using INT 0x13 , Borland C , under DOS - no windows at all
(actually it's  the DOS from "Windows Millenuim Emeregency disk" but i
think it doesn't matter)

* my first question is : how can i format more than 80tracks 18sectors
? (just like FDFORMAT...)
* my second question is - do you know where i can find any source code
for doing this ? (maybe the source for FDFORMAT/SMAX/....)

thnx
Zvika F.

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:30:56 GMT

1. "Program has incorrect format"

2. Need help with ".wks" file format

3. win2k "special debug symbols"

4. "Special Build" questions with VC

5. NetworkStream.Write writes "sometimes"

6. Don't write: "Please Help!"

7. ""help with TSR""

8. "Help" With C Program

9. Help with compiling a "canned" program

10. Program from "Unix Network Programming"

11. "The C Programming Language" programs

12. String.Format ("{0:n}",1234567)