Accessing a dialog off another application
Author Message
 Accessing a dialog off another application

Hi

I want to send a textstring from my application to a dialog of another
application. I started the other application from within my application,
so I do have the window handle for the application. I have sent a
key-stroke command to the application to open a dialog. But then I can't
get the handle of that dialog. I think I need the handle of that dialog,
if I want to send a textstring or key-stroke to that dialog.
(The other application is not written by me, so I don't have the source
code!)

Q: How do I get the handle of that dialog ?
Q2: Can I use the resourceIDs of that dialog to send the text? (Of
course I can only do that if I have that dialog handle!)

I hope someone knows to solve this problem. Any remarks are welcome.

Mike :(

Tue, 04 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. application to access application to access the internet

2. Data Access tool to access MS-Access from DOS/C application

3. Error accessing my Modeless Dialog from 3rd party application

4. Access violation in a dialog based application that shows jpg

5. Error accessing my Modeless Dialog from 3rd party application

6. Access Application vs Visual C++ Application

7. Slightly off topic - Anyone used Netmeeting COM objects in ATL application

8. How to access a Access db through vc++ from a console application

9. Proper application termination when log off from windows?

10. How do I switch off the title bar in a MDI application

11. Accessing control panel applications without accessing control panel

12. Accessing MS Access database from a dialog box