Searching for ansi-c-compiler for 8086
Author Message
 Searching for ansi-c-compiler for 8086

Hi, everybody!

Can anybody tell me where I can find an ansi-c-compiler
which runs even on a 8086 ;-)  ?

Perhaps in an old ftp-archive ?
My old computer is an 8086 with a 20 MB harddrive and
MS-DOS 3.3 running on it.

Thanx in advance!

Kai Markus Tegtmeier

How many sound engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
*
*
*
*
*
*
None, they'll just fix it in the mix!

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Searching for ansi-c-compiler for 8086

Quote:

> Hi, everybody!

> Can anybody tell me where I can find an ansi-c-compiler
> which runs even on a 8086 ;-)  ?

> Perhaps in an old ftp-archive ?
> My old computer is an 8086 with a 20 MB harddrive and
> MS-DOS 3.3 running on it.

> Thanx in advance!

> Kai Markus Tegtmeier

> How many sound engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> None, they'll just fix it in the mix!

Borland c/c++ have the ability to generate 8096 code.

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Searching for ansi-c-compiler for 8086

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 19:58:37 +0200, "Kai Markus Tegtmeier"

Quote:

>Hi, everybody!

>Can anybody tell me where I can find an ansi-c-compiler
>which runs even on a 8086 ;-)  ?

>Perhaps in an old ftp-archive ?
>My old computer is an 8086 with a 20 MB harddrive and
>MS-DOS 3.3 running on it.

You might try http://www.mixsoftware.com (I think that's correct, but
can't guarantee it) Mix Software sells a C compiler for about US$20,
which they claim is ANSI. But it *does* run on an 8088 machine, and
presumably on an 8086 also.

I just checked - the above URL is correct. The compiler is $19.95. It
requires DOS 2.0 or greater, and 400kb ram. It should fit your
requirements nicely.

Quote:

>How many sound engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
>*
>None, they'll just fix it in the mix!

Sounds good to me! (videotape editor by profession)

--

Cameron Foster

http://www2.netcom.com/~cdfoster/

Wed, 04 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Searching for ansi-c-compiler for 8086

PowerC by MIX in Richardson sells one for $20.

Mike

)Hi, everybody!
)
)Can anybody tell me where I can find an ansi-c-compiler
)which runs even on a 8086 ;-)  ?
)
)Perhaps in an old ftp-archive ?
)My old computer is an 8086 with a 20 MB harddrive and
)MS-DOS 3.3 running on it.
)
)Thanx in advance!
)
)Kai Markus Tegtmeier

)
)How many sound engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
)*
)*
)*
)*
)*
)*
)None, they'll just fix it in the mix!
)
)
)
)
)

--
----
I don't speak for DSC.         <- They make me say that.

Mon, 09 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Searching for ansi-c-compiler for 8086

Quote:
>Can anybody tell me where I can find an ansi-c-compiler
>which runs even on a 8086 ;-)  ?

>Perhaps in an old ftp-archive ?
>My old computer is an 8086 with a 20 MB harddrive and
>MS-DOS 3.3 running on it.

I think the Pacifica compiler would be pretty close to what you want.
Dave Dunfield's Micro-C is a nice compiler -- very fast compile, very
compact code -- but as far as I know it's still only an ANSI C subset.
Both are free for most purposes. It's been a while since I've looked
at either, but they're worth checking out, and both are available on-line.

Of the commercial compilers, MIX produce one for $20, and also a
seperate de{*filter*} and libraries for math, database and other
applications. I haven't used their compilers since CP/M days, but they
have the reputation of being decent compilers with excellent
documentation. Sams publish a book which includes Borland C 3.1, about
$45 I think. This would run on an 8086, but it would take up most of
the hard drive (it's supplied on a CDROM, which could be a problem).
My favourite 8086 compiler was Zortech 3.0r4, but where you'd get a
copy I don't know. There's an outfit called Surplus Software that might
be able to help you. Availabilty and/or shipping costs could well be
insurmountable problems with any of these for someone in Germany.

best wishes, mark s.

Mon, 09 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Free 8086 C compiler

2. Possible C compiler bug on 8086 machines

3. Intel 8086 C Cross Compiler Wanted

4. Small (tiny) C compiler (286 / 8086)

5. C compiler for 8086 processor

6. Compiler for 8086 and Pentium

7. Need very small C compiler for 8086

8. Best shareware compiler for IBM 8086

9. searching cross ANSI C Compiler

10. In search of ANSI c compiler

11. Aztec C (8086 version) - producing ROMable code

12. 8086 Interrupt handlers