Q: Writing UDP Socket in C...
Author Message
 Q: Writing UDP Socket in C...

UDP is a connectionless protocol.  To send datagrams create a socket(),
WSAStartup() if you are in Windows, fill out sockaddr info, and use
sendto().  To recieve, I believe, you need to bind() a local socket() and
then use which ever detection method.  Not sure on the bind()ing part
someone tell me if i'm right or wrong.

Quote:
>Hello,

>I never written socket programming.  Would any of you out here care to
share
>some of your knowledge on UDP socket programming ?

>I need to write a routine(s) to open UDP socket in order to send/receive
>datagram to an external device on the network. Would anyone know how to do
>this ? I would greatly appreciated if you could give me any source on this
>subject matter.  Some examples would help me alot.  I am using VC++ 5.0
>compiler but it will be written in C language on Win NT 4.0.

>Thanks in advance for any info...

>Vic

Sun, 22 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Writing UDP Socket in C...

Quote:

>Hello,

>I never written socket programming.  Would any of you out here care to share
>some of your knowledge on UDP socket programming ?

The C language has no support for socket programming so comp.lang.c isn't
a suitable place to discuss it. A number of platforms provide socket
libraries but the details of those libraries are specific to that
platform.

Quote:
>I need to write a routine(s) to open UDP socket in order to send/receive
>datagram to an external device on the network.  Would anyone know how to do
>this ?  I would greatly appreciated if you could give me any source on this
>subject matter.  Some examples would help me alot.  I am using VC++ 5.0
>compiler but it will be written in C language on Win NT 4.0.

Try a newsgroup such as comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.winsock.

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Close a UDP socket

2. udp socket

3. UDP Datagram sockets

4. UDP Socket question

5. TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++.

6. Broadcast over UDP socket

7. UDP socket and InstallShield???

8. Multihreading UDP Socket Server

9. UDP sockets - How to read data?

10. UDP Socket Win32 Help

11. UDP sockets samples?

12. UDP Windows Socket connection HELP!!!