how do I register my dll with NT operating system using VC++5
Author Message
 how do I register my dll with NT operating system using VC++5

Hi all,

I have written a very very basic dll written (contains a dllmain and a
getvalue() function - just returns the number 99)

This dll works fine as I have written a small app that runs getvalue().

I then try to use the 'Register control' tool but it reports that my
'...dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of my dll may be
in memory...'

There is no corrupt dll in memory. The dll project was a Win32 dll
not using any MFC etc.

TIA
Wayne

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how do I register my dll with NT operating system using VC++5

With such a simple dll, there is no need to register it.  It can be called
by any application that is aware it exists and had linked to it either
statically (at compile time) or dynamically (at run time).

Registering a dll (or any other component) is only necessary if you have
written it as an ActiveX component (meaning you have provided a
DllRegisterServer() function, among other things).

-Paul

___
Paul Little, Software Engineer

Quote:

>I have written a very very basic dll written (contains a dllmain and a
>getvalue() function - just returns the number 99)

<snip>
Quote:
>I then try to use the 'Register control' tool but it reports that my
>'...dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Determine resource used by Windows NT / System, when device is not registered in NT

2. Determine the NT operating system's language ID

3. Using Two Operating Systems

4. Using wildcards in VC : how is it done ?

5. Register DLL on remote NT machine?

6. Registering a vc dll Urgent

7. Can't register DLLs made with VC++6

8. Registering DLL COM at runtime using MTS

9. Can't register a DLL using REGSVR32

10. replacing NT system Dlls

11. NT Service using System Account - HELP!!

12. operating system