HELP:: C Compilation on SUN SOLARIS
Author Message
 HELP:: C Compilation on SUN SOLARIS

Hi all,

I am trying to compile multiple C programs. I am using 'gcc' to
compile my  programs. I am really confused(more exactly i am not able
understand the errors and warnings given by the compiler). Can any one
kindly suggest me a book or web site to know more about gcc compiler,
options available with it, linking multiple c files. Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

best wishes
RC

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:52:01 GMT
 HELP:: C Compilation on SUN SOLARIS

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I am trying to compile multiple C programs. I am using 'gcc' to
> compile my  programs. I am really confused(more exactly i am not able
> understand the errors and warnings given by the compiler). Can any one
> kindly suggest me a book or web site to know more about gcc compiler,
> options available with it, linking multiple c files. Any help will be
> greatly appreciated.

I guess http://gcc.gnu.org/ might give you some help.

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 03:22:53 GMT
 HELP:: C Compilation on SUN SOLARIS

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I am trying to compile multiple C programs. I am using 'gcc' to
> compile my  programs. I am really confused(more exactly i am not able
> understand the errors and warnings given by the compiler). Can any one
> kindly suggest me a book or web site to know more about gcc compiler,
> options available with it, linking multiple c files. Any help will be
> greatly appreciated.

I found this easily with google:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/faq.html

-Mike

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 01:57:26 GMT
 HELP:: C Compilation on SUN SOLARIS

Quote:
>Hi all,

>I am trying to compile multiple C programs. I am using 'gcc' to
>compile my  programs. I am really confused(more exactly i am not able
>understand the errors and warnings given by the compiler). Can any one
>kindly suggest me a book or web site to know more about gcc compiler,
>options available with it, linking multiple c files. Any help will be
>greatly appreciated.

>best wishes
>RC

The best site about GCC is gcc.gnu.org and about the handle of
multiple c files I found this sites:
http://www.mcsr.olemiss.edu/unixhelp/utilities1/sccs.html
http://faculty.washington.edu/jstraub/compilerHelp/linking.htm

Bye.

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:15:21 GMT

1. Sun Solaris executable decompiler

2. Installation of GCC on Sun Solaris

3. Socket program using gcc on SUN Solaris 2.5.1

4. Signal handling in C software under Sun/SOLARIS

5. Q Sun/solaris compiler.

6. Playing wave files on Sun Solaris

7. Problem of compiling C program in Sun Solaris

8. Problems Porting clcc code from sun/os to solaris

9. Code Editor for Sun Solaris?

10. Undocumented mouse support in solaris (Sun OS 5.1)

11. Solaris Compilation problem

12. Help! Reading SUN keyboard chars in SUN FORTRAN