Learn the truth - In Dear Recruiter we establish exactly what a recruiter does.
Author Message
 Learn the truth - In Dear Recruiter we establish exactly what a recruiter does.

   This is the first in a series of documents I will be writing to educate the
   computer consulting industry as a whole.

Do you have a C question?  Or even a Visual Basic, C++, or Java
question?  I didn't think so.  So GO THE {*filter*} AWAY AND DON'T YOU DARE
POST HERE AGAIN.

Thank you for your cooperation.
--
(In need of an experienced ANSI C and cross-platform programmer?
 I'm seeking a programming internship for summer of 1999.)

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Learn the truth - In Dear Recruiter we establish exactly what a recruiter does.

Quote:

>   This is the first in a series of documents I will be writing to educate the
>   computer consulting industry as a whole.

>Do you have a C question?  Or even a Visual Basic, C++, or Java
>question?  I didn't think so.  So GO THE {*filter*} AWAY AND DON'T YOU DARE
>POST HERE AGAIN.

>Thank you for your cooperation.

Ditto!

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Learn the truth - In Dear Recruiter we establish exactly what a recruiter does.

Quote:
> This is the first in a series of documents I will be writing to educate
the
> computer consulting industry as a whole.

> The answer to the question "establish exactly what a recruiter does" is
> NOTHING.

<huge snip>

a) off-topic.
b) not true. Recruitment agencies are a nice handy way for me to pick up a
contract just by sending out a dozen emails at the appropriate time of
year. And because I'd rather spend time programming than contract-hunting,
this arrangement suits me just fine.
c) actually, you do have one valid point. And only one. Which is, they
can't be bothered to read the CVs (resums). They just use search engines,
which is a real pain when a skill I have is a lexicographical superset of
the skill they want.
d) off-topic! Don't post any more of this nonsense please.

--
Richard H

#include "sig.h"

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Learn the truth - In Dear Recruiter we establish exactly what a recruiter does.

Quote:

>This is the first in a series of documents I will be writing to educate the
>computer consulting industry as a whole.

>The answer to the question "establish exactly what a recruiter does" is
>NOTHING.

Ummm...I don't see any "question" there.  I see you quoting
a task that you have assigned to yourself, but that is NOT
a question, per se.  Other basic English mistakes lead me
to believe that English is not your native language.  If I am
correct, perhaps you should have someone proofread your
postings if you hope to truly "educate" us.

But aside from all that...

Given the obviously absolute correctness of the position
you have taken (yes, that is sarcasm on my part), I guess
I have to ignore the fact that recruiters have found me
three out of my last five jobs?

I hope not.

A *good* recruiter can be a wonderful resource for a small
company that is too small to have a true "human resources"
department.  (For example, my current company has one
person who spends most of her time doing payroll and
purchasing...and does a darned good job at it.  But to
expect her to help hire highly technical people?
Ridiculous.)

A bad recruiter is, indeed, worse than useless, as he/she
will waste everyone's time.  But there ARE many good
recruiters.

And so I, for one, choose to stay "undeducated," in
your parlance.

p.s.: And although I am not consulting at this time,
I have done so many times in the past.  And our
office has used recruiters perhaps a half dozen
times in the last year to find contractors and
consultants.  Our success with them has been
at least average.

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Learn the truth - In Dear Recruiter we establish exactly what a recruiter does.

Quote:
> The answer to the question "establish exactly what a recruiter does" is
> NOTHING.

It is simply a question of who has what.  If the company needs
qualified people and the recruiter can find them, it is a
symbiotic relationship.

The company is free to find qualified candidates on its own
at any time and they are not required to go thru a recruiter
and avoid paying the fees.

        Neil.

 **We pay a 5% finders fee for job referrals that lead to a contract*
 |Neil Aggarwal          |JAMM Consulting, Inc. |Custom Programming |
 |President & CEO        |www.JAMMConsulting.com|Java, C, C++, perl,|

  neil.vcf
< 1K Download

Wed, 29 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Learn the truth - In Dear Recruiter we establish exactly what a recruiter does.
[posted & mailed]

QualifiedConsultant schrieb:

Quote:

> I will except opinions from all QUALIFIED COMPUTER CONSULTANTS. Everyone else
> will be ignored.

That's a very ignorant and narrow minded view. You also  decided to ignore
the topic of this newsgrou (comp.lang.c) which is quite rude. Please try
to find a public forum where your views meet the topic and interest of the
group you address (Even if this means standing on a chair in some public
park)

To make it absolutely clear: you are off topic in comp.lang.c and your
views are not of interest here.

Stephan
(-: A brandnew excellent FAQ version has been released !!! :-)
(-: Get it: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/versions.html :-)

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Learn the truth - In Dear Recruiter we establish exactly what a recruiter does.

Quote:

>This is the first in a series of documents I will be writing to educate the
>computer consulting industry as a whole.

No you won't...I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already (check the
replies you got) but your are OFF - TOPIC...

Quote:
>The answer to the question "establish exactly what a recruiter does" is
>NOTHING.

or...he/she recruits people !!!

Quote:

>Dear Recruiter,

>I understand that you believe that you are accomplishing something in your
day
>to day work but I have to tell you that you have been fooled.

Dear comp.lang.c++ poster,

I understand that you believe that you are accomplishing something in your
day
to day work by posting junk, off-topic messages, but I have to tell you that
you
have been fooled !

Quote:
>decision. So YOU are not doing the Human Resources persons job either.

And you are not educating us as you promised !!!!  So what do you do???
You bore us to death, and pisses us off by posting junk in the wrong place !

Quote:

>You may not like me but we are all entitled to our opinion and this is my
>opinion.

Keep your opinion OFF the comp.lang.c++ newsgroup since it is completely
irrelevant!

Quote:
>I will except opinions from all QUALIFIED COMPUTER CONSULTANTS. Everyone
else
>will be ignored.

Cheers...

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Learn the truth - In Dear Recruiter we establish exactly what a recruiter does.
sounds like a SendKeys method problem, a stuck key, or your cat ran
across the keyboard.  Talk about a thousand monkeys...

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Learn the truth - In Dear Recruiter we establish exactly what a recruiter does.
As I was in a Zenlike state in comp.lang.basic.visual.misc, "Vinh D.

disturbs the placid waters of a pond:

Quote:
>QC,

>> This is the first in a series of documents I will be writing to educate the
>> computer consulting industry as a whole.

>> The answer to the question "establish exactly what a recruiter does" is
>> NOTHING.

>Please take your diatribe elsewhere. In terms of inappropriate postings to this
>newsgroup, you are no better than recruiters.

Not to mention that your diatribe is hackneyed, boring, and
inaccurate.  Perhaps if you *had* a good recruiter, you wouldn't have
so much spare time.

--Jekke
---
Web-based e-mail for Windows-based developers
http://www.optionexplicit.com

Thu, 06 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dear Recruiter

2. Dear Recruiter

3. Recruiter spam...

4. Help with recomendation for Recruiter

5. Recruiter needs email [was Re: C Programmer in Washington DC]

6. US-CA-510 C/UNIX Programmers Needed - 11 month Contract (recruiter)

7. $$VISUAL C++ DEVELOPER WITH RELATIONAL OBJECT MODELS;US,CA,SF;(recruiter)

8. CT-NY-NJ: WWW SITE WITH TECH JOB POSTINGS - recruiter

9. US-CO-Denver-Oracle Software Engineer needed for development project - Recruiter

10. US-CO-Denver-Oracle Software Engineer needed for development project - Recruiter

11. US-CO-Denver-Oracle Software Engineer needed for development project - Recruiter