I need to trap all incomming serial data
Author Message
 I need to trap all incomming serial data

I need to look at all data comming in on the comm ports with out effecting
it. Can this be done ?? How ??

Thanx Jeff

Sat, 10 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 I need to trap all incomming serial data

Quote:
>> I need to look at all data comming in on the comm ports with out effecting
>> it. Can this be done ?? How ??

Yes...with an electron microscope. You can then "look" at whatever might
be "comming" in.

As you can see, you question has little to do with the C language and is
not appropriate for this august newsgroup.

        Bob Nelson: Dallas, Texas, U.S.A.  -  Linux for fun, M$ for $$$

Sun, 11 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 I need to trap all incomming serial data

   Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
   Date: 25 Jul 1995 20:35:03 -0400

   I need to look at all data comming in on the comm ports with out effecting
   it. Can this be done ?? How ??

   Thanx Jeff

--------------------------------

     to speed up your search:

      1)  be sure to specify your OS
          (DOS,WINDOWS,UNIX,MAC,other)
          --handling serial ports can differ a lot by OS

      2)  because serial code is platform-dependent,
          find the OS group
          comp.ms-dos(??), comp.unix.programmer, etc.

      3) you will need to find what the settings are
         whenever you sample (baudrate,parity,bits,stop,
         about 1dozen line-control options for terminal
         mode, etc.), and there are quite a few 'switches'
         to be throen, so get the name of a good serial
         ref. book  under the OS. Keep it handy.

        ----best of luck----
------------------------------------

Sun, 11 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for a TRS to capture data incomming COM1

2. IP address of Incomming connection

3. allow incomming connections

4. Simple data types and error trapping

5. Error trapping and simple data types

6. Trapping IRQ data

7. Need Recoveralble Divide by Zero Trap for Borland C

8. FS Programming Books - Graphics, Serial, Video, C, C++, Data Structures

9. i want to send data to serial com ports

10. Writing serial data to the conm port?

11. Receive Serial data

12. writing ascii data to serial port 1 or 2