program crashes before executing first line!
Author Message
 program crashes before executing first line!

I'm using Borland C++ for windows 4.01 and Windows NT. the program
is a win32 console-based (not gui) app (should I post this in a windows
programming newsgroup instead?)

My program crashes before it even executes the first line of code (when I
step through it).  What could be causing this?

Thanks,
Paul Dowman.

Sun, 28 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 program crashes before executing first line!

Quote:

> I'm using Borland C++ for windows 4.01 and Windows NT. the program
> is a win32 console-based (not gui) app (should I post this in a windows
> programming newsgroup instead?)

> My program crashes before it even executes the first line of code (when I
> step through it).  What could be causing this?

Congratulations!  You've discovered Microsoft TimeMachine! (C),
All Rights Reserved.  It's a little-understood feature in Windows
NT that knows beforehand whether your program is going to crash,
and saves you clock cycles by just crashing ahead of time.  Just
wait until it gets incorporated into the de{*filter*}!  Forget that,
wait until it's coupled with Microsoft MindReader! (C), All Rights
Reserved, and locks up your machine permanently if you ever think
about replacing (e.g.) Microsoft Word.  Forget *that*, wait until
it's used to build the WappDoWhatIMean() function!  ;^)

Obviously, if your code is crashing, then by definition *something*
is getting executed.  You just can't see what it is.

But, your question to comp.lang.c was...?

Pat
--
My opinions totally.  Tongue firmly in cheek.

Sun, 28 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Program only crashes under Execute mode

2. MSDEV crashes in module dn.dll when executing programs

3. How do I execute a command line program ?

4. Q: Which constructor executes first???

5. Executing first time round only?

6. HELP : EXECUTE a .exe program within a c or c++ program

7. Executing a program in a program

8. IF i execute that program, that Program Disappears(maybe end)

9. execute program to dll program

10. Executing program within an other program

11. : when execute a program in other program by function

12. Executing a program inside my program