File format at ftp.cs.su.oz.au
Author Message
 File format at ftp.cs.su.oz.au

Some months back, somebody on this newsgroup said there was a
good description of what OOP is all about in a file called
TR94_488.ps.Z on ftp.cs.su.oz.au /pub/tr.

I wrote it on a piece of paper and got around to down-loading it
only yesterday, but I can't do anything with it. I assumed from
the `.ps.' in the filename that it was in postscript format, but
our Postscript printer does not understand it.

I did the FTP in binary mode, and indeed, the file is full of
binary (all eight bits used). Am I doing something wrong, or is
the file not in the format I thought it was?

Thanks for your time,

Mike.

Mon, 20 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 File format at ftp.cs.su.oz.au

Quote:

>Some months back, somebody on this newsgroup said there was a
>good description of what OOP is all about in a file called
>TR94_488.ps.Z on ftp.cs.su.oz.au /pub/tr.
>I wrote it on a piece of paper and got around to down-loading it
>only yesterday, but I can't do anything with it. I assumed from
>the `.ps.' in the filename that it was in Postscript format, but
>our Postscript printer does not understand it.
>I did the FTP in binary mode, and indeed, the file is full of
>binary (all eight bits used). Am I doing something wrong, or is
>the file not in the format I thought it was?

Did you unzip the file using gzip or gunzip?

Run the command "man gzip" on the UNIX command line for more information.

--
Rick Stanley                         |              RSI

Information Technologies Institute   |        C++ & C Language
New York University   NYC, NY  USA   | Programming, Training, Consulting

Thu, 23 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

2. SUN .au format

3. HELP AGAIN!!! - Wave file to AU File conversion

4. Wave file to AU File conversion

5. C code for reading/writing AU files

6. How to play .au file?

7. Play .AU sound files

8. resx files needed for cs - files ??

9. CS files display in VS6 like CPP files ?

10. C & VB Consultant in Oz

11. End of Summer Time error in Oz

12. Include code in other Cs files