C as First Language for CS
Author Message
 C as First Language for CS

An ongoing survey in the comp.edu newsgroup has
uncovered six or seven different languages used
in the first course for Computer Science majors.

Not one of the few dozen respondents has listed

as the first language.

If you know of exceptions, where C IS actually
used in the first course for CS majors, would
you please send me an e-mail note?

Thank you,

Dick

Sun, 04 Oct 1992 20:50:23 GMT
 C as First Language for CS
I think that if you check ANDREWS UNIVERSITY, US 31-33, Berrien Springs, MI
49103, they are teaching C as their CS Majors first language...

(I'm a Comp/Info Science Major from their myself, but I can't remember which
was first for me.)

A.U. is a Seventh-Day Adventist owned and operated University, with undergrad,
grad, and post-graduate courses...

Tue, 13 Oct 1992 11:03:36 GMT

2. C as 2nd CS language (was Re: Languages ...

3. SURVEY of CS depts. (languages)

4. Programming Language for Undergrad Intro CS Course?

5. How to show/call Form2.cs from Form1.cs ?

6. Include code in other Cs files

8. word - automatic numbering/bold/underline/italics

9. How to Generate .cs file at Runtime

10. newbe/cs student, need help w/ code

11. Serial.cs

12. Compile CS source code using ICodeCompiler