Help with simple FTP daemon
Author Message
 Help with simple FTP daemon

I'm looking for a decent starting point for writing a simple FTP daemon for
Windows NT using IPWorks winsock API.

Can anyone give me a hand for finding out some info on this, maybe sample
source code and/or the name of a book or URL which will help.

Thanks.

Sun, 04 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with simple FTP daemon

Quote:
> I'm looking for a decent starting point for writing a simple
FTP daemon for
> Windows NT using IPWorks winsock API.

> Can anyone give me a hand for finding out some info on this,
maybe sample
> source code and/or the name of a book or URL which will help.

> Thanks.

Since the ANSI/ISO/IEC standard C language does not support
multitasking at all, daemons are outside the scope of the
language, and are system specific extensions.  Your best bet
would be to post this question to a Windows NT programming
group.

Jack

Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with simple FTP daemon

: I'm looking for a decent starting point for writing a simple FTP daemon for
: Windows NT using IPWorks winsock API.

: Can anyone give me a hand for finding out some info on this, maybe sample
: source code and/or the name of a book or URL which will help.

Try http://burks.bton.ac.uk/burks/software/sources/index.htm#internet

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.comp.it.bton.ac.uk/je
 Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
 University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk

Fri, 23 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. FTP Daemon

2. cgi program which is a daemon/starting daemon from cgi

3. HELP: how to write a DAEMON under UNIX??

4. Simple FTP Server needed

5. How to program a simple ftp client

6. creating a simple FTP program

7. Simple FTP Server Source

8. Simple file download via FTP

9. Sending messages to FTP client from FTP Server applications

10. Virtual FTP Directories with FTP functions

11. FTP help needed

12. Help - FTP header file