any help,

Bryan
Burman

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting the net card address
Did you post this from your cell phone, or what?
Quote:

> Hello,

> Does
> anyone
> know how
> to extract
> the
> physical
> address of
> an
> Ethernet
> card using
> C, similar
> to what
> NT's
> ipconfig
> command
> does? I
> can't run
> a pipe to
> the
> ipconfig
> command
> itself
> because it
> is not
> secure and
> this is
> for
> product
> licensing.

> Thanks for
> any help,

> Bryan
> Burman

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting the net card address

<

.

<
/

> Hello,

> Does
> anyone
> know how
> to extract
> the
> physical
> address of
> an
> Ethernet
> card using
> C, similar
> to what
> NT's
> ipconfig
> command
> does? I
> can't run
> a pipe to
> the
> ipconfig
> command
> itself
> because it
> is not
> secure and
> this is
> for
> product
> licensing.

> Thanks for
> any help,

> Bryan
> Burman

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting the net card address

Quote:
>Hello,

>Does
>anyone
>know how
>to extract
>the
>physical
>address of
>an
>Ethernet
>card using
>C, similar
>to what
>NT's
>ipconfig
>command
>does? I
>can't run
>a pipe to
>the
>ipconfig
>command
>itself
>because it
>is not
>secure and
>this is
>for
>product
>licensing.

>Thanks for
>any help,

Vogon poetry, I know it when I see it.

Regards,
Nantko
--
Governments, like diapers, must be changed often, and for the same reason.

Opinions expressed in this message are mine. Any resemblance to those
of ING is completely coincidental.

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting the net card address

Quote:

> Does
> anyone
> know how
> to extract
> the
> physical
> address of
> an
> Ethernet
> card using
> C, similar
> to what
> NT's
> ipconfig
> command
> does? I
> can't run
> a pipe to
> the
> ipconfig
> command
> itself
> because it
> is not
> secure and
> this is
> for
> product
> licensing.

I've never seen a guy posting to a newsgroup with his GSM before. :)

C doesn't know anything about netcard addresses. You should ask from a
ng for your platform, such as comp.os.unix.programmer,
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32, etc.

(How in earth does Netscape decide whether there are more included text
than new? I just tried to post this but couldn't since it complained
about that. So I'm adding this question here in order to get it to send
this. Does it count the '>' marks or what? If so, is there somewhere a
secret setting where I can turn that blasted thing off?)

(Hmm. That wasn't enough. Maybe it just counts the lines that begin with
a '>' and the ones that don't? In that case, here's a few lines:
line1
line2
line3
line4
line5
line6
line7
Let's see now)

        AriL
--
Humans may send email (if absolutely necessary) to the
obvious non-spam address.

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting the net card address
Quote:

> >Hello,

> >Does
> >anyone
> >know how
> >to extract
> >the
> >physical
> >address of
> >an

[etc. snip snip]

Quote:

> Vogon poetry, I know it when I see it.

Yep, reminded me of Ralf Silverman as well.

Stephan

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting the net card address

<offtopic>

Quote:
>(How in earth does Netscape decide whether there are more included text
>than new?

It doesn't.  Your news server (probably INN) did.  The default is to
refuse articles with more quoted than original material.

Quote:
>I just tried to post this but couldn't since it complained
>about that. So I'm adding this question here in order to get it to send
>this. Does it count the '>' marks or what?

Yes.  Also lines beginning with '|' or ':'.

Interestingly, it reduces it's included text count for lines beginning
with '<' so as not to reject output from diff (or so the comment says
anyway).

Quote:
>If so, is there somewhere a
>secret setting where I can turn that blasted thing off?)

No, but if your news admin likes you, you could ask him to re-compile
INN with the switch DONT_CHECK_INCLUDED_TEXT.

Quote:
>(Hmm. That wasn't enough. Maybe it just counts the lines that begin with
>a '>' and the ones that don't?

Exactly.

Quote:
>In that case, here's a few lines:

Or even just blank lines will do.

</offtopic>

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting the net card address
<snip>
Quote:
> (How in earth does Netscape decide whether there are more included text
> than new? I just tried to post this but couldn't since it complained
> about that. So I'm adding this question here in order to get it to send
> this. Does it count the '>' marks or what? If so, is there somewhere a
> secret setting where I can turn that blasted thing off?)

<snip>
I have the same problem but I don't think it's with netscape.  With the
slow connection I have I've noticed a delay between the Send and the
error message.  I think this is a function of your news server.  It's
probably counting the '>' marks.
Try snipping the quoted text to a minimum necessary.  You can always add
enough blank lines after your signature.
--
Bill Roeder
My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting the net card address (readable this time)

2. Getting the ethernet address from an ethernet card.

3. MAC ADDRESS ie Ethernet Card Address

4. ethernet card address

5. MAC address of Network Card

6. network card MAC address

7. How do I get the MAC address of a Ethernet Card

8. Accessing i/o addresses fro sound cards

9. Lan card mac address

10. Question about capturing network card addresses.

11. Access network card MAC Address

12. ReceiveFrom wrong IP address with 2 ethernet cards