Question FAQ question
Author Message
 Question FAQ question

Should there be a mini CLC FAQ about questions?
Such as...

WHAT NOT TO ASK:
1) "I have an assignment to do this and that. Could anyone give me the
source code?"
2) "On the MagicMysteryOS on the Turing 5000 MegaStation, the function
MMOS_ReadTheWeirdPort() is returning the wrong value. What should I do?"
3) "What is wrong with my use of new and delete, cin and cout, class
such and such...?"
4) "Could you email me with the answer?"

WHAT TO ASK:
1) "What is wrong with this ANSI C code? It's supposed to result 'XXX'
but it results 'YYY'."
2) "Why does the standard define such and such?"
3) "How can I implement this structure in C? I've tried to do this,
but I lack the ideas."
...or other questions?

--

| Kingpriest of "The Flying Lemon Tree" G++ FR FW+ M- #80 D+ ADA N+++ |
| http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~palaste       W++ B OP+                     |

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Question FAQ question

Quote:
>Should there be a mini CLC FAQ about questions?
>Such as...

>WHAT NOT TO ASK:
>1) "I have an assignment to do this and that. Could anyone give me the
>source code?"
>2) "On the MagicMysteryOS on the Turing 5000 MegaStation, the function
>MMOS_ReadTheWeirdPort() is returning the wrong value. What should I do?"
>3) "What is wrong with my use of new and delete, cin and cout, class
>such and such...?"
>4) "Could you email me with the answer?"

>WHAT TO ASK:
>1) "What is wrong with this ANSI C code? It's supposed to result 'XXX'
>but it results 'YYY'."
>2) "Why does the standard define such and such?"
>3) "How can I implement this structure in C? I've tried to do this,
>but I lack the ideas."
>...or other questions?

>--

Hi Joona.
I think that the welcome to comp.lang.c post covers most of that.
Problem is that the offenders aren't in the habit of reading welcome
notices or faq's I think.
Regards,
Greg Martin.

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Question FAQ question

Quote:
> Should there be a mini CLC FAQ about questions?

Things like FAQ's aren't official: you can start
one right now!  Just convince people to put a
"C-MINI-FAQ: ...." line in their footer :)

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Question FAQ question
Andomar schrieb:

Quote:

> > Should there be a mini CLC FAQ about questions?

> Things like FAQ's aren't official: you can start
> one right now!  Just convince people to put a
> "C-MINI-FAQ: ...." line in their footer :)

The C-FAQ is the official comp.lang.c FAQ lists simply because it is
accepted (and supported) as such by the majority of the groups regulars
(and maybe in part because Steve Summit is such a great guy, who has been
with this groups almost since the advent of C programming). BTW, there
even is an abridged version of the FAQ.

--
Stephan
initiator of the campaign against grumpiness in c.l.c

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. question question question

2. comp.lang.c Answers (Abridged) to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

3. comp.lang.c Answers (Abridged) to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

4. comp.lang.c Answers (Abridged) to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

5. comp.lang.c Answers (Abridged) to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

6. comp.lang.c Answers (Abridged) to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

7. comp.lang.c Answers (Abridged) to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

8. comp.lang.c Answers (Abridged) to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

9. comp.lang.c Answers (Abridged) to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

10. comp.lang.c Answers (Abridged) to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

11. comp.lang.c Answers (Abridged) to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

12. comp.lang.c Answers (Abridged) to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)