Need help with Internet - HTML (CGI files)
Author Message
 Need help with Internet - HTML (CGI files)

Of course the only thing that people here in comp.lang.c could help you
with is the C code to the CGI, which I would be glad to do, but I don't
know if you really want C since you crossposted this message to groups
about assembly (come on, get a life...you can't write CGI in assembly),
basic, delphi, c++, java, and Pascal.  I think you'd do best picking a
language first.

Oh yeah...you forgot the one language that I would recommend besides C,
Perl.  It's REALLY nice for handling strings and that sort of thing.

Good luck

Jay

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help with Internet - HTML (CGI files)

Quote:

> Of course the only thing that people here in comp.lang.c could help you
> with is the C code to the CGI, which I would be glad to do, but I don't
> know if you really want C since you crossposted this message to groups
> about assembly (come on, get a life...you can't write CGI in assembly),
> basic, delphi, c++, java, and pascal.  I think you'd do best picking a
> language first.

> Oh yeah...you forgot the one language that I would recommend besides C,
> Perl.  It's REALLY nice for handling strings and that sort of thing.

> Good luck

> Jay

Jay,

Why could't you write a CGI in assembly  ;)  ?  It would be a little
overkill, but hey!  to each their own.  IMHO, Ada 95 is a great choice
for writing CGIs, but lets not digress too far . . .

Bernie

Sun, 09 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help with Internet - HTML (CGI files)

Quote:
> Why could't you write a CGI in assembly  ;)  ?  It would be a little
> overkill, but hey!  to each their own.  IMHO, Ada 95 is a great choice
> for writing CGIs, but lets not digress too far . . .

Hey, I've been using Visual Assembler for Windows programming lately.  Lots
of inline assembler code.

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help with Internet - HTML (CGI files)

Quote:
>Of course the only thing that people here in comp.lang.c could help you
>with is the C code to the CGI, which I would be glad to do, but I don't
>know if you really want C since you crossposted this message to groups
>about assembly (come on, get a life...you can't write CGI in assembly),
>basic, delphi, c++, java, and pascal.  I think you'd do best picking a
>language first.

Actually you can write CGI in assembler. But it would be a lot of
work...

I get the impression that the person who made the first post was
either trying to start a flame war, or is completely clueless (whether
from inexperience or too many experiments with {*filter*} herbs I can't
tell).

Wayne

Maniac at Large - Programmer - Salesman - Forklift Expert
    SF Fan      -   Father   -  Husband -       Gamer
and so many other things I can't remember what they are and
never have time for them anyway...

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help with Internet - HTML (CGI files)

Quote:

> Hello! I need some help with CGI files. I want to create a database, a
> place
> where anyone could enter specific data and everyone could read it. I
> would
> appreciate some help. Thanks in advance,

> Jeroen vd Heide

If you are wondering of what format the communication uses. You might
find some help at "http://194.47.242.73/wsdocs/32demo/windows-cgi.html"
it is the format that some webservers uses for CGI-WIN.

Anders Karlsson

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. need help gcc C for CGI

2. Help needed with CGI Script

3. Need Help CGI Programming

4. I need help with CGI scripting for WWW page forms

5. Help needed with MSVC++ 6.0 and CGI

6. Need help with CGI and VC++..

7. Need help http client and CGI-BIN

8. Using html files as help files

9. CGI/HTML Macros

10. Getting datas from a HTML form with a cgi in C

11. Broad Knowledge of C, PERL, CGI, Internet, and Linux

12. CGI return to HTML