wav-read-library
Author Message
 wav-read-library

Howdy penguins!

Does somebody know where I can get a function that reads (and maybe
writes) wav-data into (from) number-arrays...?

Something like: write_wav(char* myoutfile, int* mydata, char*
myoptionalheader)
Thanks for advice!

Tassilo

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:47:51 GMT
 wav-read-library

> Howdy penguins!

I can fly, therefore I am not a penguin.

Quote:
> Does somebody know where I can get a function that reads (and maybe
> writes) wav-data into (from) number-arrays...?

fwrite(), but you will need to convert the array into wav data first :)

Daniel

--
IMO, anyway.

` { } \ | [ ] '

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:03:39 GMT
 wav-read-library
Howdy penguins!

Can someone tell me where to get a simple c-lib that reads and writes
wav-data into/from arrays??

Thanks!

Tassilo

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:20:03 GMT
 wav-read-library

Quote:
> Howdy penguins!

Howdy wale.

Quote:
> Can someone tell me where to get a simple c-lib that reads and
> writes wav-data into/from arrays??

From the internet.

--

"LISP  is worth learning for  the profound enlightenment  experience
a better programmer for the rest of your days."   -- Eric S. Raymond

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:16:42 GMT
 wav-read-library

Quote:

> Can someone tell me where to get a simple c-lib that reads and writes
> wav-data into/from arrays??

This is not a chat room, dammit. Have patience.

In any case, you don't need "a simple c-lib", whatever _that_ may be
where you come from. What you need is fread() and fwrite().

Of course, you don't mean what you wrote; you actually mean: "How can I
read _and_ interpret _and_ play a wav-file on my oh so portable
Billy-boy computerlet?". Well, you now know the first part; for the
second part, try <http://www.wotsit.org/>, and note that file formats
have nothing to do with ISO C and are therefore off-topic here; and as
for the third part, well, that is so dependent on what OS, what
hardware, and probably even what compiler you use, that you really need
to RTFM before visiting a system-specific newsgroup. Probably
microsoft.something.

Richard

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:24:49 GMT
 wav-read-library

Quote:

> Howdy penguins!

?????

Quote:
> Does somebody know where I can get a function that reads (and maybe
> writes) wav-data into (from) number-arrays...?

> Something like: write_wav(char* myoutfile, int* mydata, char*
> myoptionalheader)
> Thanks for advice!

Try http://www.zip.com.au/~erikd/libsndfile/

Erik

Q. What is the difference between Jurassic Park and Microsoft?
A. One is an over-rated high tech theme park based on prehistoric
   information and populated mostly by dinosaurs, the other is a
   Steven Spielberg movie.

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 05:14:38 GMT

1. library for .wav format?

2. Libraries for .WAV and .AVI ??????

3. C library for managing WAV files

4. Libraries for .WAV (RIFF) files ???

5. C library play WAV in DOS and Windows?

6. Q: anyone know a wav file library?

7. Reading samples from a wav file.

8. Q: How to read .wav .tiff etc files

9. Read WAV files.

10. .wav reading and writing

11. WAV Reading, Writing and Playing

12. Starnge signal and 16bits stereo wav file to 16bits mono wav file