64 Bit Dec to Hex using only 32 bit int?
Author Message
 64 Bit Dec to Hex using only 32 bit int?

I have a bit of a problem.  I want to do base conversions between
Hex and Dec.  My problem is that I have only 32 bit unsigned (and
signed) integer types available on the system I am working on.

However, I know this can be done because I have seen it.

What is a method (or algorigthm) for dealing with 64 bit integers
using only 32 bit data types?

I need to take a string imput like 600,987,921,563 (dec) and parse it
into two 32 bit unsigned integers of 8B and EDAB EC9B.  Remember I can't
use any * or / (on the entire number) since they only work on 32 bit
data types and lower.

How is this solved?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: porting 32-bit app to 64-bit Dec Alpha

2. top 32 bits of 64-bit product of two 32-bit integers

3. 64-bit integer on a 32-bit machine

4. Calling 64 bit lib. from 32 bit program

5. emulating a 64 bit divide with 2 32 bit registers in ansi c

6. converting signed 64 bit - 32 bit

7. 64 bit operation on 32 bit PC

8. 64-bit chips, 32-bit compatibility?

9. REQUEST: 64-bit integer math on 32-bit processor

10. Accessing 32-bit com componet from 64-bit application

11. 32-bit vs 64-bit

12. Looking for: multiply and divide of 32 bit integers (64 bit result)