Pointer Problems
Author Message
 Pointer Problems

Quote:

>Currently, I am trying to build a 32-bit windows DLL out of a large collection
>of older routines originally written for the 16-bit DOS environment.  I am
>using Borland's version 4.5 compiler.
>The problem:

>When I try to compile the routines I receive errors for the functions which
>have pointers to structures in their parameter list, such as:

>char *IN_NEW_LINE(INPUT_TYPE *IN)
>  {
>    char *Result;

>In the header file, INPUT_TYPE is defined as:

>typedef struct
>  {
>    int LineId,BLen,BLoc,WLen;
>    char Buffer[150];
>    char Word[60];
>    char Error;
>    FILE *InF;
>  } INPUT_TYPE;

>The error message is:

>  Parameter 1 missing name in function IN_NEW_LINE

Perhaps IN is a preprocessor constant which expands into something, causing
unexpected results.

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Pointer Problems

[...]

This code compiles and executes fine in a 16 bit environment!

Help!

- Mike

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Pointer Problems

Yes! Indeed, it looks like "IN" is a special case of some sort.
When I changed it to INBUFF, everything compiled fine!

Thanks Much!!

Sun, 18 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. pointer to pointer problem, please advice

2. Interesting Pointer-to-pointer problem

3. Pointer to pointer problem.

4. pointer->pointer problem

5. pointer to pointer problem

6. dyn mem alloc - pointer to pointer problem

7. C++ function pointers versus C function pointer problem

8. pointer to pointer problem

9. MicroSoft C _based pointers problem (chicken and egg problem)

10. pointer problem

11. char ** pointer problem

12. Plez help with this pointer problem...