new Object Oriented Design book
Author Message
 new Object Oriented Design book

You may remember a while back a gentleman
dropped a little note in the C++ news group
about an OO language called Eiffel.  When
I checked into it (the language is indeed
interesting), I found out that he wrote a
book on OO design that has just come out.

I've read 3 1/2 chapters so far, and it's
good, probably great, stuff.  The book starts
out with a wonderful survey of the pitfalls
of non-OO design, with many historical
references and examples, and moves into an
exploration of the principles and techniques
of OO design, using Eiffel as the notation.

The book is
    Object-oriented Software Construction
    by Bertrand Meyer
    Prentice Hall
    International Series in Computer Science
    ISBN 0-13-629049-3 hardcover
    ISBN 0-13-629031-0 paperback (apparently
    won't be available in the US)

His company will ship it to you if you charge
it to your MC-VISA number or pay for it
C.O.D.  P.H. hasn't sent any to my local hip
technical book store yet.  It's around $40.00

    Interactive Software Engineering
    805-685-1006
    270 Storke Road, Suite 7
    Goleta, CA  93117

 --dave yost

Sat, 17 Oct 1992 17:00:00 GMT
 new Object Oriented Design book

Quote:

>You may remember a while back a gentleman
>dropped a little note in the C++ news group
>about an OO language called Eiffel.  When
>I checked into it (the language is indeed
>interesting), I found out that he wrote a
>book on OO design that has just come out.

I heard Bertrand Meyer speak about Eiffel at the University of Washington
a little while back and was very impressed by Eiffel.  Does anyone have
experience with the language in a real application?

Pete Turner

Sat, 17 Oct 1992 14:57:00 GMT

1. US-Nationwide-G2-Object Oriented Design-C-C++

2. A SIMPLE, EASY OBJECT ORIENTED DESIGN DRAWING TOOL

3. Object Oriented Design and Programming

4. Extended Object-Oriented Design ?

5. Object Oriented book

6. ANN: Book on Object-Oriented Languages

7. Seek Recommendations on Object-Oriented Books.

8. new book on the design and evolution on C++

9. Using C++ Objects from a non-object-oriented language

10. (AD) NEW OBJECT ORIENTED DESIGN TOOL - TRY IT FREE!

11. Component oriented application building and design questions

12. new Interface in existing object or new object