tcp stack
Author Message
 tcp stack

Could anybody tell me if there is a way to "catch" outgoing packets and
divert them elsewhere(by sitting on the stack, perhaps???)?

I am trying to write a function for M$ Windows (blah) that catches any
attempts to use the TCP/IP network (i.e. the Internet) and forwards them
through a different route...

Any ideas?

-oOpS

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 tcp stack

Quote:

> Could anybody tell me if there is a way to "catch" outgoing packets and
> divert them elsewhere(by sitting on the stack, perhaps???)?
> I am trying to write a function for M$ Windows (blah) that catches any
> attempts to use the TCP/IP network (i.e. the Internet) and forwards them
> through a different route...

if it is at all possible to do this from userland, i have greatly
overestimated windows.

anyway, you'll be better off asking in a windows group, like
comp.os.ms-windows (i think?) or something like that.

--
             /"\                                m i k e    b u r r e l l

              X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
             / \

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 tcp stack
: Could anybody tell me if there is a way to "catch" outgoing packets and
: divert them elsewhere(by sitting on the stack, perhaps???)?

: I am trying to write a function for M$ Windows (blah) that catches any
: attempts to use the TCP/IP network (i.e. the Internet) and forwards them
: through a different route...

: Any ideas?

Try posting to a newsgroup which deals with the specific platform and/or
tcp stack in which you are interested.  comp.lang.c is a newsgroup which
discusses standard (ISO/ANSI) C only.  As such, standard C per se has no
support for tcp programming or for Windows.  You will get more accurate
and indepth answers if you were to repost this to a windows programming
newsgroup.  Look in the comp.os.ms-windows.* hierarchy of groups.

Good Luck,

Paul

--
Paul D. Boyle

North Carolina State University
http://laue.chem.ncsu.edu/web/xray.welcome.html

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to solve the problem of "tcp stack overflow "(0xf00000cd)

2. TCP/IP stack in C ?

3. TCP/IP stack C-functions: where?

4. How to detect a TCP/IP stack connected to the internet

5. How can I start the TCP/IP stack library

6. MICROSOFT PEOPLE - HELP PLEASE [ARP.C] NDIS SendComplete in MS TCP/IP stack

7. /STACK increase the stack, means decrease the heap ?

8. The C stack (or: implementing a stack trace)

9. /STACK increase the stack, means decrease the heap ?

10. STACKS and STACKS

11. Stack Structure and Stack Overflow for CE

12. send files over tcp sample app source?