<<ndbm.h>> - please help
Author Message
 <<ndbm.h>> - please help

Hi - I've been trying to program in C using Corel Linux.  I want to use the
library ndbm.h, which works fine on UNIX systems I have used but I can't get
it to work here.  Previously I have also included /system/mode.h for O_RDRW
etc. but this does not appear to be present.  On compilation I get error
messages in the vain 'dbm_open not defined' - can anyone help on this? many
thanks

Regards

Nigel Bachmann

Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 <<ndbm.h>> - please help
Hi,
        Wrong newsgroup. Try comp.unix.programmer or relevant Linux groups.

Regards
Farid

Quote:

> Hi - I've been trying to program in C using Corel Linux. I want to use
the
> library ndbm.h, which works fine on UNIX systems I have used but I
can't get
> it to work here. Previously I have also included /system/mode.h for
O_RDRW
> etc. but this does not appear to be present. On compilation I get
error
> messages in the vain 'dbm_open not defined' - can anyone help on this?
many
> thanks

> Regards

> Nigel Bachmann

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 <<ndbm.h>> - please help

Quote:

> Hi - I've been trying to program in C using Corel Linux.  I want to use the
> library ndbm.h, which works fine on UNIX systems I have used but I can't get
> it to work here.  Previously I have also included /system/mode.h for O_RDRW
> etc. but this does not appear to be present.  On compilation I get error
> messages in the vain 'dbm_open not defined' - can anyone help on this? many
> thanks

Linux systems tend to use the GNU dbm library, so ensure you specify to link
against it with -lgdbm. On *BSD flavours the dbm library seems to get linked
implicitly. Or at least it does on OpenBSD.

Chris

Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. <<<<<<<Parsing help, please>>>>>>>>

2. File Format conversion, ascii freeform -->.csv <-->.wk1<-->dbf<-->?HELP

4. <<<>>>Need C code advice with functions and sorting.<<<>>>

5. >>>Windows Service<<<

6. >>I need help!<<(duh)

7. proposal: <basic.h>, <pascal.h>, <fortran.h>, <cobol.h>

8. <<<< C Grammar for yacc needed >>>>

10. >>>> * Get keypress * <<<<

11. >>> *** PLEASE HELP WITH OCX *** <<<

12. >>>> NEED CAB SDK HELP <<<