tcgetattr: invalid argument
Author Message
 tcgetattr: invalid argument

Hi everyone,

The problem I have is that a program i am spawning keeps
complaing saying that "tcgetattr: Invalid argument".

The idea of the application is to e-mail the text inside
a file to someone, basically what I'm trying to achieve is

What I've done is setup a pipe between mail and the stdout of
the program that will effectivly do the "cat" part of the above
statment.

Any ideas how to stop the tcgetattr problem anyone?

Regards,
Robert Davidson.
Sorry if this message is not posted in the appropriate newsgroup.

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 tcgetattr: invalid argument
On Tue, 07 Mar 2000 13:01:41 +0000, Robert Davidson

Quote:
> Hi everyone,

> The problem I have is that a program i am spawning keeps
> complaing saying that "tcgetattr: Invalid argument".

> The idea of the application is to e-mail the text inside
> a file to someone, basically what I'm trying to achieve is

> What I've done is setup a pipe between mail and the stdout of
> the program that will effectivly do the "cat" part of the above
> statment.

> Any ideas how to stop the tcgetattr problem anyone?

> Regards,
> Robert Davidson.
> Sorry if this message is not posted in the appropriate newsgroup.

belongs.  tcgetattr() is not part of the C language, it is a POSIX
extension.

Jack Klein
--
Home: http://jackklein.home.att.net

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 tcgetattr: invalid argument

Quote:
>Hi everyone,

>The problem I have is that a program i am spawning keeps
>complaing saying that "tcgetattr: Invalid argument".

tcgetattr is a POSIX function, it is not defined by the C language.
You'll need to ask this in comp.unix.programmer.

Quote:
>The idea of the application is to e-mail the text inside
>a file to someone, basically what I'm trying to achieve is

This is all highly Unix-specific.

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. invalid arguments:success or failure

2. TCP socket: "accept" failed: Invalid argument

3. Q:shmget()...Invalid argument

4. fopen - invalid argument error

5. TCP/IP sockets: runtime bind() error: invalid argument

6. Invalid Argument with recordset

7. Invalid Arguments during DoDragDrop

8. CRecordset Update - Invalid argument value

9. Detecting invalid function arguments

10. Invalid arguments when passing any object

11. Passing function pointer with arguments as an argument?

12. defining function whose type same as its arguments and used as another's argument