+Socket Programming - - Automating login process
Author Message
 +Socket Programming - - Automating login process

I am new to C-Programming, and just need a little direction.

I would like to automate a login procedure to a server device.  When
loging in, it contains a BANNER, then the loging and password prompts.
 The script I am interested in writing will wait for the login prompt,
then enter the loging name and put in the password at the password
prompt.

Thereafter I would like to enter commands at the prompt after login
into this sytem.

I am intested in knowing on where I can get links / c books that teach
me about socket creation and automating application layer interaction
once the socket is created.

Any help on the above issue and guidance is appreaciated.

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 00:47:28 GMT
 +Socket Programming - - Automating login process

Quote:
> I am new to C-Programming, and just need a little direction.

> I would like to automate a login procedure to a server device.  When
> loging in, it contains a BANNER, then the loging and password prompts.
>  The script I am interested in writing will wait for the login prompt,
> then enter the loging name and put in the password at the password
> prompt.

Then you cannot do this with ISO C, you will need some third party library
which is outside the scope of ISO C.

Quote:
> I am intested in knowing on where I can get links / c books that teach
> me about socket creation and automating application layer interaction
> once the socket is created.

Get a book on sockets after you have learned C. Personally, I like K&R's
"The C Programming Language" 2nd Ed.

--
- Mark A. Odell
- Embedded Firmware Design, Inc.

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:14:52 GMT
 +Socket Programming - - Automating login process
For socket programming & XTI, this is a good book

Unix Network Programming - Richard Stevens

This is the book I follow.... not sure about many other books.

Quote:
> I am new to C-Programming, and just need a little direction.

> I would like to automate a login procedure to a server device.  When
> loging in, it contains a BANNER, then the loging and password prompts.
>  The script I am interested in writing will wait for the login prompt,
> then enter the loging name and put in the password at the password
> prompt.

> Thereafter I would like to enter commands at the prompt after login
> into this sytem.

> I am intested in knowing on where I can get links / c books that teach
> me about socket creation and automating application layer interaction
> once the socket is created.

> Any help on the above issue and guidance is appreaciated.

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:24:33 GMT
 +Socket Programming - - Automating login process
Someone posted that link one month ago

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~beej/guide/net/html/intro.html

Hope it will help

WaLiD

Quote:
> I am new to C-Programming, and just need a little direction.

> I would like to automate a login procedure to a server device.  When
> loging in, it contains a BANNER, then the loging and password prompts.
>  The script I am interested in writing will wait for the login prompt,
> then enter the loging name and put in the password at the password
> prompt.

> Thereafter I would like to enter commands at the prompt after login
> into this sytem.

> I am intested in knowing on where I can get links / c books that teach
> me about socket creation and automating application layer interaction
> once the socket is created.

> Any help on the above issue and guidance is appreaciated.

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:20:45 GMT

1. ANN: Automate you VS.NET build process with FinalBuilder

2. How to automate the build process?

3. automated batch build process of C++ projects.

4. Newbie: How to automate the IDE process?

5. automating a command-line process

6. security/login replacement/Fascist login/

7. c# program login to Oracle with security

8. Database Login in C program.

9. Need Help : Login Program

10. How to write windows login program??

11. Where should I store the System Login program?

12. Need to find automated code documentation program