msvc 1.52, program not found 'cl'?
Author Message
 msvc 1.52, program not found 'cl'?

Hello,

I am using Microsoft Visual C v. 1.52 and have had a problem compiling a
16-bit DOS program.  I immediately got the error:
Internal make: fatal error U1081: program not found 'cl'.
Now cl.exe is in MSVC\BIN but if I look under the menu Options|Directories...,
"Executable Files Path" is shown as "MSVC\CDK16\BIN".  There is no cl.exe
in there, but if I change the path to "MSVC\BIN" it does compile.  My
question is then, should there be a cl.exe in "MSVC\CDK16\BIN" and should
the path be "MSVC\CDK16\BIN"?

    Donald Gudehus

    3D Image Technology, Inc.
    5172-G Brookhollow Pkwy.
    Norcross, GA 30071

Remove whitespace and extra words when responding

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 msvc 1.52, program not found 'cl'?

Quote:

> I am using Microsoft Visual C v. 1.52 and have had a problem compiling a
> 16-bit DOS program.  I immediately got the error:
> Internal make: fatal error U1081: program not found 'cl'.

Hi Donald H. Gudehus,

It seems to me that you are having problems with setting up your
compiler. The C language can't help you there. You'd better ask
the experts for your compiler or platform:

Stephan

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. 16bit OCX's in MSVC 1.52

2. typedef'ing iterators in MSVC's STL (not the HP STL)

3. 'Command not found' ERROR

4. error PRJ0003: Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

5. (1.52) CL returned error 2

6. (1.52) CL returned error 2

7. Can't open or build projects with 1.52

8. System() command in VC++ 1.52 doesn't work

9. VC++ 1.52 doesn't recognize C++ language syntax

10. Need help from MSVC guru's - GPF's with 16-bit

11. Need help from MSVC guru's - GPF's with 16-bit