How can i find out if a TASK not responding
Author Message
 How can i find out if a TASK not responding

Hi

When a task in win9x hangs up, the task manager shows the comment "not
responding",
how can i check this in C/C++? there should be a API i suppose....need
urgent help,
and how can I kill them....

thanx

alpi

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can i find out if a TASK not responding

on comp.lang.c:
: Hi

: When a task in win9x hangs up, the task manager shows the comment "not
: responding",

which is not related to the C language,

: how can i check this in C/C++? there should be a API i suppose....need

There is no way to check anything in C/C++, because C/C++ does not
exist, however, C exists, and C++ exists.
If there is an API, it is for Win9x only, and thus off-topic for
comp.lang.c.

: urgent help,
: and how can I kill them....

Kill who? Try typing "man kill". On second thought, don't. =)

--

| Kingpriest of "The Flying Lemon Tree" G++ FR FW+ M- #80 D+ ADA N+++ |

"Keep shooting, sooner or later you're bound to hit something."
   - Misfire

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can i find out if a TASK not responding

Quote:

> Hi

> When a task in win9x hangs up, the task manager shows the comment "not
> responding",
> how can i check this in C/C++? there should be a API i suppose....need
> urgent help,
> and how can I kill them....

Try asking in a windows newsgroup as this ng discusses ANSI and ISO C.
You'll probably have more luck there.

Cheers,
Selim
--
"Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel
we must not stand in the way of improvement."

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can i find out if a TASK not responding

Quote:

> Hi

> When a task in win9x hangs up, the task manager shows the comment "not
> responding",
> how can i check this in C/C++? there should be a API i suppose....need
> urgent help,

If your program is to successfully detect whether your program has
halted, your program must be running, and therefore it has not halted.
QED.

Quote:
> and how can I kill them....

Try alt.serial.killers for more help on killing people which, perhaps
regrettably, is off-topic in this newsgroup.

--

Richard Heathfield

37 K&R Answers: http://users.powernet.co.uk/eton/kandr2/index.html (60
to go)

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can i find out if a TASK not responding
I have a similar question:

I would like to execute an application (app2) from another application
(app1) and track if app2 has finished.
Currently I create a list of all processes running using
GetDesktopWindow/GetNextWindow and go from there, but I'm sure there must be
an easier way.

"CreateProcess" perhaps? Any sample codes?

Thank you.

Gabriel

Quote:
> Hi

> When a task in win9x hangs up, the task manager shows the comment "not
> responding",
> how can i check this in C/C++? there should be a API i suppose....need
> urgent help,
> and how can I kill them....

> thanx

> alpi

Mon, 04 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Not Responding In Task Manager

2. Task manager says app not responding

3. Application not responding problem

4. Remotingservice is not responding on Servers, on Professional versions ok

5. Checksums of a.outs

6. Debugger not responding after pressing Start

7. VS6 not responding

8. Service is not responding to the control function

9. How do i detect if process is not responding

10. CToolBar with a ComoBox - Not responding while resize

11. Custom CSliderCtrl not responding to OnHScroll

12. Application not responding at shut down.