include library files when compiling in BC++v3.1
Author Message
 include library files when compiling in BC++v3.1

I can seem to compile a file. I have included the header file but when I
compile it, it can't get to the precompiled .lib file. Why is that?

Thu, 27 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 include library files when compiling in BC++v3.1

Quote:
> I can seem to compile a file. I have included the header file
but when I
> compile it, it can't get to the precompiled .lib file. Why is

that?

Hi Simon,

Specific implementation questions like this are actually not
about the C language, so they are off topic here.

However, if your IDE can't find the compiler standard libraries,
you must set the proper directory under options.  If the library
is one you made yourself, you need to add the library file to
your project just like a C source code file.

Please read the article "--- Welcome to comp.lang.c!  Please
read this first" which is posted frequently to this group by
Billy Chambless so that in the future you will know what
subjects are on topic here.

Jack

Thu, 27 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 include library files when compiling in BC++v3.1

Groovy hepcat Simon Chung was jivin' on Sun, 9 Nov 1997 23:08:00 +1100
in comp.lang.c.
include library files when compiling in BC++v3.1's a cool scene! Dig
it!

Quote:
>I can seem to compile a file. I have included the header file but when I
>compile it, it can't get to the precompiled .lib file. Why is that?

  You are not linking the .LIB file into your program. It's not the
compiler, but the linker, which is giving you this error. If you're
using the IDE, put the name of the .LIB in the project/make file (RTFM
to find out how to do that). If you're doing it on the command line,
type the name of the .LIB as a parameter to the linker (or compiler -
RTFM).

----- Dig the EVEN NEWER, MORE IMPROVED news sig!! -----

-------------- Shaggy was here! ---------------
    http://aardvark.apana.org.au/~phaywood/
============= Ain't I'm a dawg!! ==============

Tue, 02 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. BC v3.1 link problem

2. Newbie - Compile error (Cannot open include file: 'xmldom.idl': No such file or directory)

3. Including libraries when compiling a C program

4. VC5.0 erroneously compiles .c included files

5. include file minimizer to reduce compile time during developement

6. include files and libraries

7. Extending MSVC InfoViewer to include help files for my own class libraries

8. Query on compiling a VC++1.52 code on BC++4.52

9. FSULTRA + BC 5.01: How to compile?

10. compiling BC w/ MC

11. Dependent library INCLUDED IN target library during build??

12. Compiling project with external files (and NOT a library)