HELP:perform system call or call an external program
Author Message
 HELP:perform system call or call an external program

I am trying to make an external system call from within a C program.
Anyone help?

David
--
David Pitts
Computer Consultant for BEST Consulting, Seattle, Washington

Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP:perform system call or call an external program

Quote:
> I am trying to make an external system call from within a C program.
> Anyone help?

> David

<Jack>

Look at the standard C library function system() prototyped in
stdlib.h.

</Jack>

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP:perform system call or call an external program

Quote:

> I am trying to make an external system call from within a C program.
> Anyone help?

Hi David Pitts,

This is a very frequently asked question. That's why the question,
along with an answer, was put into the comp.lang.c FAQ list. Please
look for:
  19.27:  How can I invoke another program (a standalone executable, or
          an operating system command) from within a C program?

(Quick advance answer: use the "system()" fucntion)

You can get the FAQ at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html or
at ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.lang.c/C-FAQ-list and it gets
posted to this newsgroup and to news.answers regularly (at the
beginning of each month).

Stephan

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

David Pitts wrote in a message to All:

 DP> I am trying to make an external system call from within a C
 DP> program. Anyone help?

system() ?

(wow, that function has an illogical name ;-)

greetings,
Tom

Wed, 22 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. stdout from a system() call back into calling program

2. Calling external programs from within MSVC++ programs on win955

3. calling external program problem

4. How to call an external program.

5. calling external exe from c program

6. Newbie Q: How to call external programs?

7. Calling an external program after exiting (DOS)

8. Call an external program

9. Call external dos program

10. function call vs system call

11. Help! I need to call an external Application

12. Newbie-Please help-call to external function