Please Help: Where could I find SCRNSAVE.LIB ????
Author Message
 Please Help: Where could I find SCRNSAVE.LIB ????

        Hi All,

I'm looking for SCRNSAVE.LIB. I tried to create a screensaver but I realized
that the .H file I had in my Watcom C/C++ directory NEEDS a .LIB file. I
couldn't link my program! :-{

If you know where to find that file please help me...
(I already looked on all my drives (you never know), on MS (MSLFILES & MSDN),
on CICA, on SIMTEL, tried Archie, NOTHING!...)

Thank a lot for your help,

        Jean-Francois.

BTW: I've tried to create a MFC app instead but I failed (I couldn't trap the
Alt-TAb when I had a 'enter passwd dlg'). If you have managed to create a MFC
ScreenSaver (.SCR) let me know, I'm interrested too.

Thu, 11 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help: Where could I find SCRNSAVE.LIB ????

Quote:
>BTW: I've tried to create a MFC app instead but I failed (I couldn't
>trap the Alt-TAb when I had a 'enter passwd dlg'). If you have managed
>to create a MFC ScreenSaver (.SCR) let me know, I'm interrested too.

Check out this page on Microsoft's Web server:

http://www.microsoft.com/pages/developer/msdn/OFFRAMP/
FASTRACK/TECHNOTE/SCRNSAVE.HTM

It contains a sample 32-bit, MFC-derived screen saver.

Good luck,

Rick Esterling                     The Wollongong Group, Inc.
Senior Software Engineer           McLean, VA
http://widget.eco.twg.com:1080     http://www.twg.com

Sat, 13 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help: Where could I find SCRNSAVE.LIB ????

Quote:

>Check out this page on Microsoft's Web server:

>http://www.microsoft.com/pages/developer/msdn/OFFRAMP/
>FASTRACK/TECHNOTE/SCRNSAVE.HTM

>It contains a sample 32-bit, MFC-derived screen saver.

>Good luck,

Yes I *REALLY* need luck! I've been surfing on the net for about 3 days now
and I couldn't find anything that would REALLY help me:

-I already had a MS technote on Scrnsave but their prog doesn't take care of
the password protection and when you add a dialog you can use Alt-Tab!
-I finally found a SCRNSAVE.LIB file on ftp.borland.com but that file won't
link because it needs ANOTHER lib (SLIBCE.lib)! Crazy!!!!!! Maybe that file
isn't the RIGHT ms SCRNSAVE.LIB anyway.

I'm getting REALLY desperate. There are thousands of people who can easily
write a screen saver and just because I'm using Watcom I don't have access to
the lib (MS would give it if I buy a ms compiler!) and the borland lib doesn't
seem compatible w/ Watcom compiler.
Why then did Watcom add the SCRNSAVE.H file ?!

If you have any idea on where I could file a good working  SCRNSAVE.LIB or why
I won't work w/ Watcom, please do help me....

Thank you so much for your help,

        J-F.

Sat, 13 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help: Where could I find SCRNSAVE.LIB ????

Quote:
>What exactly happens if you try to intercept WM_SYSKEYDOWN (returning FALSE)

?

It simply doesn't trap the Alt-Tab message. The reason is that when you have a
dlg the message is sent first to the control in the dlg, then to the dlg and
then to window that owns the dlg and finally to the app.

I subclassed the dlg windowproc but wm_syskeydown aren't trapped (they're sent
to the edit box or the OK/Cancel buttons or whatever)

I also tried the PreTranslateMessage, which is called BEFORE calling
TranslateMessage and I simply added a MessageBeep for message==WM_SYSKEYDOWN
but I heard NOTHING!
Even if I managed to trap those SYS messages, Alt SHOULD be allowed for
activating the menu, click on &Ok or &Cancel, etc...

I think it's useless to re-invent the wheel when all I need is in the
SCRNSAVE.LIB (and related). Nevertheless, if I would still fail to that lib,
I'll re-consider RE-inventing the wheel and would try a MFC app in which the
messages are trapped.

Anyway that's for the help,

        Jean-Francois.

Sun, 14 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help in finding scrnsave.h and scrnsave.lib

2. Scrnsave.lib linking Error

3. Please HELP! I can't link SCRNSAVE.LIB w/ Watcom C/C++

4. Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!

5. Where can find Msvcrt.lib and Winmm.lib??

6. HELP: Where to find gcc-lib/ix486-linuxaout precompiled

7. Need help finding gui.lib

9. HELP Cant find this library - nafxcwd.lib

10. Turbo C++ help with LIB, please

11. lib and dll linker problem (please help!)

12. Lib help needed please