Socket Programming: How to get started
Author Message
 Socket Programming: How to get started

Hi There,

I am trying to learn some of the basics on sockets. I don't have a
bookstore within 4 hours of here that has any book (other than dos for
dummies) on computers, let along programming topics.

My question is: Is there a place on the net that has  "how to" info on
opening a socket on a unix machine, transferring a few bytes, and
capturing it on a second machine?  Suggestions of books that cover
such things would be appreciated as well, as I can have a book store
order it.

Please CC me if you post a reply as my ISP does not tend to keep any
groups for more than a day.  (cheap cheap cheap)

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Fri, 23 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting started with sockets

2. Getting started with sockets

3. Getting Started With Windows Sockets

4. Getting started in windows programming

5. Help getting started in C programming

6. Getting started with API programming

7. how to minimize program started with Process.Start

8. A DOS program starting a Windows program?

9. How to add a program to start menu program submenu

10. VC5: How to start program B in program A

11. Starting Another Program From Within a C/C++ Program

12. Adding program link into Start-Programs