Porting programs between O.S.
Author Message
 Porting programs between O.S.

Hi !!!

I just want to ask if I am on the right place of asking questions
pertaining to porting a program called newsyslog.c from FreeBSD to
Solaris 2.5? My problems currently are with successfully compiling
newsyslog.c in the Solaris 2.5 using gcc.

Thank you. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

--
june

Thu, 16 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Porting programs between O.S.

Quote:
>Hi !!!

>I just want to ask if I am on the right place of asking questions
>pertaining to porting a program called newsyslog.c from FreeBSD to
>Solaris 2.5? My problems currently are with successfully compiling
>newsyslog.c in the Solaris 2.5 using gcc.

If the program is written in ANSI C then yes (but very little in the way of
porting should be required in that case). The chances are you are talking
about Unix/POSIX code which is best discussed in comp.unix.programmer.

Thu, 16 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Porting programs between O.S.

On Sun, 29 Jun 1997 16:47:49 -0800, "Francis Percival C. Favoreal"

Quote:

>Hi !!!

>I just want to ask if I am on the right place of asking questions
>pertaining to porting a program called newsyslog.c from FreeBSD to
>Solaris 2.5? My problems currently are with successfully compiling
>newsyslog.c in the Solaris 2.5 using gcc.

>Thank you. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

>--
>june

Try comp.unix.solaris.

Fri, 17 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Porting program from 32- to 64-bits OS

2. Porting C programs from a SPARC (SUN OS 4.1.1) to a VAX (VMS)

3. Porting from OS/2 to Windows NT

4. Problems Porting clcc code from sun/os to solaris

5. Porting C++ code to new compiler and OS

6. Porting to OS/2 or Any Other Platform

7. porting OS/2 to NT

8. Porting MFC code to OS/2

9. Porting to OS/2 or Any Other Platform

10. Diff between PPC OS / HPC OS/ eXP OS

11. drand48 in Sun O.S. 4.1.1

12. How to make programs that run without OS?