Editable Text Fields
Author Message
 Editable Text Fields

Hi, I'm relatively new to C and was wondering if anyone has an algorithm
for a program that would let a user edit text fields easily. I'm working
a a database program that keeps a simple array of structures on file and
I want the user to be able to edit the information in each record w/o
having to re-enter all the information in each particular field. The
fields should pop-up and allow the user to move the cursor, delele, and
insert characters within each field and save the changes. I hope that's
a clear enough explanation of the problem. Send mail or post any
replies. Thanks for the help.

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Editable Text Fields

Quote:
>Hi, I'm relatively new to C and was wondering if anyone has an algorithm
>for a program that would let a user edit text fields easily. I'm working
>a a database program that keeps a simple array of structures on file and
>I want the user to be able to edit the information in each record w/o
>having to re-enter all the information in each particular field. The
>fields should pop-up and allow the user to move the cursor, delele, and
>insert characters within each field and save the changes. I hope that's
>a clear enough explanation of the problem. Send mail or post any
>replies. Thanks for the help.

You're asking for something that can't be solved in the standard C language
since it has no support for screens, fields and so on. You'll need to ask
in a newsgroup relating to the platform you are interested in since the
approach for this sort of thing varies significantly from platform to
platform. Something like comp.os.msdos.programmer,
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc, comp.unix.programmer as appropriate.

Wed, 10 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Editable Text Fields
OK....   Who else took a quick look at the title of this thread and saw EDIBLE
text fields? :-)

Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Editable Text Fields

Quote:

> OK....   Who else took a quick look at the title of this thread and saw EDIBLE
> text fields? :-)

  I'm on a diet.  I only eat const char*'s

Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Size of text-fields/edit-fields depending on Font selected

2. Combobox - changing between editable and non-editable

3. Editable text in a CListCtrl

4. HELP: How to display an editable text?

5. how to change the text in the static text field

6. Auto-Highlighting Text Field Text

7. adding values from text fields.

8. Text Field Validation

9. Change width of a text field in DAO?

10. Writing MSSQL TEXT field from CRecordset

11. How to Write a 0-Embeded String to a CDaoRecordSet text field

12. Can't read TEXT field using C++