Watcom's interrupts with ss(stack selector).
Author Message
 Watcom's interrupts with ss(stack selector).

I have hooked up the timer interrupt (0x1c) using _dos_setvect.
Then within the interrupt I call a subroutine. BUT if I use a stackbased
called functions in the interrupt the machine will hang. I've tried to set
ss=ds but without any succes. Somehow watcom seems to use the realmode ss in
the interrupt wich maybe screws up for my routine. I don't know how to remedy
this. Please help.

Thanks,

Sun, 28 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Watcom's interrupts with ss(stack selector).

Quote:

>I have hooked up the timer interrupt (0x1c) using _dos_setvect.

Timer interrupts has nothing to do with the C language. For DOS specific
programming questions see comp.os.msdos.programmer.

Sun, 28 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Allocating Selectors in WATCOM

2. DS==SS vs DS!=SS in a DLL

3. Real mode interrupts using watcom

4. Watcom C/C++ 10.0 16 bit DOS interrupt problems

5. watcom C32 interrupts

6. Interrupt handler by Watcom C ?

7. Interrupt Handlers, Function Calls, and the Stack

8. calling Watcom DLL's form other compilers EXE's

9. Looking For WATCOM 'C' Compiler Users

10. Interrupt routines in 'C'

11. Interrupt Handler in 'C'

12. WATCOM: wat's current?