cast to pointer question
Author Message
 cast to pointer question

#gcc -D_KERNEL -m64 -c cccm.c (64bit compile,sol.)
got:
warning: cast to pointer from integer of different
size.
It points to a line containning:
(a)b,,,

what is the possible fix?.

--
Sent by 1 from yahoo  in  field com

Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:07:25 GMT
 cast to pointer question

Quote:

> #gcc -D_KERNEL -m64 -c cccm.c (64bit compile,sol.)
> got:
> warning: cast to pointer from integer of different
> size.
> It points to a line containning:
> (a)b,,,

> what is the possible fix?.

Without more context, it's impossible to really know. My crystal ball says:

a is a pointer type. Pointer types for your 64-bit environment are probably
8 bytes. b is an integer, whose type is of a different size -- probably 4
bytes.

I don't know why your program is attempting to cast an integer to a pointer
type, that's quite dangerous. But if it's correct, then you might want to
redefine b as an 8-byte type.

--
Simon.

Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:27:30 GMT

1. cast to pointer question(correction)

2. QUESTION: Casting a Pointer to 1 of Many Possible Pointers

3. casting of struct element void pointer casting

4. Pointer casting question

5. pointer cast question

6. Basic pointer casting question

7. question: cast to a function pointer

8. Casting function pointer to void pointer

9. cast pointer to struct to pointer to type of first member of struct

10. can I cast pointer to pointers

11. can I cast pointer to pointers?

12. casting void pointer to be a pointer to a function