Looking for An ANSI C99 Compatible Checker
Author Message
 Looking for An ANSI C99 Compatible Checker

I'm sorry this is slightly OT but this is the closest group I could see:

I'm lokoing for a static analysis tool, similar to the lint of yesteryear
that would allow me to strictly typecheck C programs for C99 compliance.
Doing additional checks (buffer overflows/NULL pointers/etc) would be a
welcome bonus

Thanks

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:27:41 GMT
 Looking for An ANSI C99 Compatible Checker

Quote:

> I'm sorry this is slightly OT but this is the closest group I
> could see:

> I'm lokoing for a static analysis tool, similar to the lint of
> yesteryear that would allow me to strictly typecheck C programs
> for C99 compliance. Doing additional checks (buffer
> overflows/NULL pointers/etc) would be a welcome bonus

What's wrong with the various incarnations of lint, such as the
(commercial) pclint or the (free) splint (nee lclint)?

Mon, 14 Nov 2005 02:36:49 GMT
 Looking for An ANSI C99 Compatible Checker

Quote:

>> I'm sorry this is slightly OT but this is the closest group I
>> could see:

>> I'm lokoing for a static analysis tool, similar to the lint of
>> yesteryear that would allow me to strictly typecheck C programs

                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:
>> for C99 compliance. Doing additional checks (buffer

   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:
>> overflows/NULL pointers/etc) would be a welcome bonus

>What's wrong with the various incarnations of lint, such as the
>(commercial) pclint or the (free) splint (nee lclint)?

How many of them check for C99 compliance?

Remember my advice about engaging the brain? ;-)

Dan
--
Dan Pop
DESY Zeuthen, RZ group

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:31:15 GMT

1. Looking for ANSI C strict type checker

2. .NET compatibility with ANSI C99??

3. ANSI C99 support

4. ANSI C99 supported?

5. ansi C99?